We got the 2 day break off KGB and overall had an excellent break.
When booking we notified that 2 people in the party would need gluten free breakfast, on arrival we were told yes this has been noted and arranged, first day of the stay asked for the gluten free breakfast only to be told they didn't have any. After breakfast we told reception again and this was sorted for the following day - thankyou
The rooms were adequate but so so cold. Spoke to reception again and they provided another heater which solved the coldness in the room but not in the bathroom.
The headboards in both of the rooms we booked were material with halogen lights above them, this had caused the headboards to burn and smoulder! I'm sure this can't be safe - needless to say we didn't put them on.
The third issue was no hot water on the first day, spoke to reception and they said it was a problem with the gas board. This again was sorted out for the second day.
If we had gone on the second day maybe everything would of been ok:)
As we were away I'm not too bothered as hiccups do happen what I didn't appreciate was that later we'd been told others had been compensated. Maybe the hotel should have one rule for all?
Plus sides:) fantastic location, friendly helpful staff - nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them, beautiful building although could do with a little TLC.
Whilst in Harrogate we seemed to spend all our coffee breaks in Betty's, we shopped and dined out at the local restaurant.
Unfortunately due to the first day/night hiccups I've not been able to mark high as I normally would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate