2,086 results
All reviewsbetty's tea roomsold buildingfourth floora bit tiredcentral locationfantastic locationfire alarmup to datecentre of townlarge roombars and restaurantsevening mealbuffet styleshort breakplenty of choicea lovely staybed and breakfast
Reviewed March 25, 2013

we stayed for two nights with a 2 for 1 offer. First impression was it was a very impressive hotel from the outside, fantastic location and free parking. We were kindly greeted by the receptionist but then it went slightly downhill. There was only one small lift working so it was either wait a long while or attempt the flight of stairs (which was like a maze by the way ).
Our first impression of the room was not bad although there were some cracks on the wall that had been painted over, slight mould on bathtiles and the room was cold despite the heating being put on full. Also the floors were really creaky so you could hear guests walking by your room and the walls so thin, I could hear the couple next door chatting away.
The breakfast buffet was good with plenty to choose and the staff are happy to meet your every needs. I don't know if I would pay full price next time as the rooms need alot of tlc and updating but it is in a excellant location with shops & restaurants nearby.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

I thank you for the time you have taken in writing your review on the tripadvisor website .I am sorry that your stay not an entire success for which I can only apologise.
Clearly the room you were allocated was sub -standard and that you identified several general maintenance and housekeeping issues and I thank you for bringing these to my attention.
It was pleasing however to read how much you had enjoyed your breakfast experience and that you felt looked after by the team.
The problems you have experienced within the hotel, have been now been brought to my attention and where possible will be addressed.
I do hope that the negative aspects of your stay will not deter you from visiting again.It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here as my fiance and i were attending a friends wedding at another Harrogate hotel and we really wish we had stayed there instead. The whole hotel needs updating, the stairs, the corridoors and the rooms all need a re-vamp and desperatly. The room were were checked into was freezing cold despite the heating on full blast. The springs in the bed had almost all gone and you could visually see it dipping in the middle when standing next to it. We were moved to a better room but still not great, very small for the price (you get a bigger room in a travelodge). Very poor tea and coffee making facilites (the coffee wasnt even nescafe) We paid £145 for 2 nights and for that i would expect a lot more. Never in a million years is this hotel worth the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on the tripadvisor website. We offer a wide variety of room types and standard and we always try to offer the best value for money . It is always disappointing to read that someone has not enjoyed their stay for which I am genuinely sorry . It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and service.
Thank you once again for your feedback

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Hotel is in an unbeatable location with shops, restaurants and Bettys tea room on the doorstep.Managed to get one of the free parking spaces just outside of the hotel. Side street with 3 or 4 restaurants and bars just behind the hotel. After reading previous reviews I requested a quiet room and this was accomodated. The main public areas of the hotel were very smart and nicely decorated. Our room was extremelly clean with comfy beds and large bathroom. The only down side that I could see was the hallways upstairs which were a little bit in need of an update. Not that they werent clean and tidy, just a bit sparse and unloved, maybe some pictures on the walls would improve this. It was nothing that detracted from our stay and I was more than happy with our room. The hotel staff were really good, couldnt be more helpful. Our stay was in bad weather and upon departure staff checked the internet to see if our route home was clear. The breakfast was also of a really good standard. In short, perfect location, great hotel, would definately go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had a great stay with us and how much you had enjoyed your dining experience and that you felt looked after by the team. I certainly take on board your comments relating to the corridors floors and admit floors 2,3 and 4 are sparse in decoration I was pleased to read that despite your comments the level of cleanliness was to standard .
I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting again as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've read some of the previous reviews and agree with some parts of most of them. It was nice to see the response from the manager and it's pleasing to know that the hotel is being gradually upgraded.
We stayed for 2 nights using a voucher so it was always going to be decent value. We use the dine in option and both my wife and I agreed that the quality of food was possibly some of the highest we have ever had. The buffet breakfasts were brilliant and, although I have been to places where there is more choice, the quality was again fantastic.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful and did their best to make sure our stay was enjoyable.
We were in room 306 and asked for an extra heater which was soon delivered. Unfortunately this did not warm up the very large bathroom which only has a heated towel rail, so we were pretty cold after a shower.
The room is in need of some TLC but it did not spoil our stay - we will definitely return!!

Room Tip: Ask if there is one that has been upgraded
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smithyYork

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. Your honest feedback is certainly welcomed. I admit some of our product is in need of updating and hence why we working through a redecoration programme.I was delighted to read that overall you had a great stay with us. In particular how much you had enjoyed your dining experience and I was extremely pleased to read that you felt looked after by the team they are our very best asset.
I do hope you consider using The Yorkshire again as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Yorkshire Hotel is perfectly located to the centre of Harrogate. The staff were very helpful and friendly. What would have once been a very grand hotel though is sadly in desperate need of renovation. It's very tired and needs a good facelift. I hope it happens because it could be a stunning venue.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had a good stay with us and how much you had enjoyed service provided by the team. I admit some of our product is in need of updating and we are currently working through a redecoration programme