2,086 results
All reviewsbetty's tea roomsold buildingfourth floora bit tiredcentral locationfantastic locationfire alarmup to datecentre of townlarge roombars and restaurantsevening mealbuffet styleshort breakplenty of choicea lovely staybed and breakfast
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Room 212 not a good view, couldnt sleep with window open,as the fans were outside window. Lights were very dim in room, and bathroom, and the noise of somebody walking in the room above was terrible they might aswell been in our room. On booking the room i did ask for a front facing room as i had looked at reviews on trip advisor so i would of thought we would have got a better room. Breakfast bar needs reorganising and no fried eggs only scrambled, It was in a great location and we did managed to get parked outside front of hotel, i would stay again but would wish for a better room

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your comments on the tripadvisor website. We offer a wide variety of room types and standard and we always try to offer the best value for money. We do try and honour most requests but as less than 30% of the bedrooms are front facing it is not always possible. After an investigation with my Duty Management team it is regrettable that your disappointment does not appear to have been highlighted or addressed by the Duty Manager visiting your room. I wish to assure you that if the Duty Manager had been made aware they would have endeavoured to provide an alternative room.
I also note your comments relating to breakfast we offer any egg types on request as stated on the table menu scrambled eggs are simply the option on the hot buffet.
It is always disappointing to read that someone has not enjoyed their stay for which I am genuinely sorry.
It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and service.
Thank you once again for your feedback

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked a table at the Brasserie for 12 as was entertaining a client last night. The plan was to eat then watch the football in the bar area. The bookings lady was extremely helpful offering to reserve seats in the bar and sending on menu details etc (plus altering the booking a few times as we were being awkward!).

When we arrived at HG1 (the bar) we had a table waiting and the food & beverage manager could not have been more helpful or accommodating. Without us asking he advised that, as some of our party were running late, we could eat in the bar if we preferred (so as not to miss the football - Man U v Real Madrid if you were wondering). We could also order off the restaurant or bar menu.

He then proceeded to look after us very well taking drinks orders and handling all requests very efficiently. The food was served in good time and was all excellent.

Will certainly be booking again next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ellamalacha
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was delighted to read that you had a great experience with us. In particular how much you had enjoyed your meal in HG1 and I was extremely pleased to read that you felt looked after by the team they are our very best asset.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a review of the restaurant only as we did not stay at the hotel. We had a really delicious meal at the brasserie (it was my boyfriends birthday). Great service, really tasty food (and I mean really tasty), a nice atmosphere. A big thank you to the waiter and chef for arranging a candle on my boyfriend's dessert, and happy birthday written in sauce!. Lovely touch!
Eleanor

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your time with us. In particular how much you had enjoyed dining experience and I was extremely pleased to read that you felt looked after by the team they are our very best asset.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Yorkshire Hotel in Harrogate seemed pretty good from the outside, and the entrance hall was fine too. It was in a good location, very close to the station and to Betty's tearooms (but having said that, if you stay in any hotel in Harrogate, I don't see how you can be far from either of these points)! Once you braved the extremely rickety lift (or, after the first time, trudged up the stairs), it was clear that the hotel could do with a bit of love and attention. The hallways and the room were extremely dated and certainly didn't fill you with joy as you walked in. Everything seemed clean enough, and the shower was ok. If you don't plan to be in the hotel much, then it is fine, but I wouldn't go back if I visited Harrogate again. You could stay in a Premier Inn and expect a higher quality finish.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

I thank you for the time you have taken in writing your review on the tripadvisor website .I am sorry that your stay not an entire success for which I can only apologise. I admit some of our product is in need of updating and we are currently working through a redecoration programme.
Thank you once again for your feedback

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at the Yorkshire on 1st and 2nd March. Despite concerns over parking in Harrogate we managed to secure a parking spot just outside the hotel. Staff were very friendly. We stayed in room 201 which was huge. More like a family room as a lounge with a a sofa that converted into a bed and two bathrooms as well as a large bedroom, Slightly let down by two single beds put together. Breakfast was included and self serve. A large vaiety of breakfast food available but this was situated outside the eating area, Food was not topped up and therefore ran out so needed properly organising. Only one toaster available so you had to queue. We were interested in checking out the cocktail bar that was advertised as being on floor 5 which opened at 6pm. When we got there it was closed and when we asked at reception were tolf that it was only open on special occasions so we were dis-appointed. Having said all of that it was in a great location and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had a good stay with us. I am however sorry that you were disappointed and felt let down by the style of the bed you were allocated it was one of our zip and link suites this style of bed is a widely used standard allowing the flexibility of both a double and a twin and not simply two beds pushed together.
With regard breakfast we regularly topped up the buffet but on occasion items may run out momentarily due to high demand and will be filled again in the time it takes the server to walk to and from the kitchen.
Thank you for your comments relating to the public cocktail bar this is located in HG1 on the ground floor and is open from lunch times and serves cocktails all day and advertised as such. The 5th floor cocktail bar is only available for private hire sorry only I am sorry for any confusion caused.

I do hope that you choose to stay again as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.