2,113 results
All reviews betty's tea rooms old building fourth floor a bit tired central location fantastic location fire alarm up to date centre of town large room bars and restaurants evening meal buffet style short break plenty of choice a lovely stay bed and breakfast
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a review of the restaurant only as we did not stay at the hotel. We had a really delicious meal at the brasserie (it was my boyfriends birthday). Great service, really tasty food (and I mean really tasty), a nice atmosphere. A big thank you to the waiter and chef for arranging a candle on my boyfriend's dessert, and happy birthday written in sauce!. Lovely touch!
Eleanor

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your time with us. In particular how much you had enjoyed dining experience and I was extremely pleased to read that you felt looked after by the team they are our very best asset.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Yorkshire Hotel in Harrogate seemed pretty good from the outside, and the entrance hall was fine too. It was in a good location, very close to the station and to Betty's tearooms (but having said that, if you stay in any hotel in Harrogate, I don't see how you can be far from either of these points)! Once you braved the extremely rickety lift (or, after the first time, trudged up the stairs), it was clear that the hotel could do with a bit of love and attention. The hallways and the room were extremely dated and certainly didn't fill you with joy as you walked in. Everything seemed clean enough, and the shower was ok. If you don't plan to be in the hotel much, then it is fine, but I wouldn't go back if I visited Harrogate again. You could stay in a Premier Inn and expect a higher quality finish.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

I thank you for the time you have taken in writing your review on the tripadvisor website .I am sorry that your stay not an entire success for which I can only apologise. I admit some of our product is in need of updating and we are currently working through a redecoration programme.
It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and service.
Thank you once again for your feedback

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at the Yorkshire on 1st and 2nd March. Despite concerns over parking in Harrogate we managed to secure a parking spot just outside the hotel. Staff were very friendly. We stayed in room 201 which was huge. More like a family room as a lounge with a a sofa that converted into a bed and two bathrooms as well as a large bedroom, Slightly let down by two single beds put together. Breakfast was included and self serve. A large vaiety of breakfast food available but this was situated outside the eating area, Food was not topped up and therefore ran out so needed properly organising. Only one toaster available so you had to queue. We were interested in checking out the cocktail bar that was advertised as being on floor 5 which opened at 6pm. When we got there it was closed and when we asked at reception were tolf that it was only open on special occasions so we were dis-appointed. Having said all of that it was in a great location and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had a good stay with us. I am however sorry that you were disappointed and felt let down by the style of the bed you were allocated it was one of our zip and link suites this style of bed is a widely used standard allowing the flexibility of both a double and a twin and not simply two beds pushed together.
With regard breakfast we regularly topped up the buffet but on occasion items may run out momentarily due to high demand and will be filled again in the time it takes the server to walk to and from the kitchen.
Thank you for your comments relating to the public cocktail bar this is located in HG1 on the ground floor and is open from lunch times and serves cocktails all day and advertised as such. The 5th floor cocktail bar is only available for private hire sorry only I am sorry for any confusion caused.

I do hope that you choose to stay again as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had the most beautiful dinner on 15th February - the food, service and presentation were superb and we had a wonderful romantic stay at the hotel . The room was gorgeous and we had a truly unforgettable Valentine's 2013. Many thanks to all at the Yorkshire! We will be back!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was delighted to read how much you had enjoyed your Valentines break with . In particular how much you had enjoyed dining experience and I was extremely pleased to read that you felt looked after by the team they are our very best asset.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We booked a mid week break and were very happy with the Yorkshire Hotel, the location is right in the centre with the famous betty's tea rooms opposite. The hotel staff were all very freindly and nothing was too much trouble, we took an upgrade for our room which was very spacious and on the front overlooking the park. Breakfast was a buffet style full english and our evening meal in the brasserie was fantastic, the staff were brill and cannot be praised enough. On a visit you should consider a visit to the turkish baths tuesday and wednesday mornings are mixed sessions which are discounted it is terrific value with a steam room 3 hot rooms aplunge pool etc weel worth a visit. Harrogate is a beautifull town and the Yorkshire is a good base. well done the Yorkshire ,thankyou.

Room Tip: A great central location, ask for an upgrade they have 9 upgrade rooms on the front. They have 35 car parking spaces outside on a first come first served basis, pass issued at reception.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joc1634

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was delighted to read that you had a great stay with us. In particular how much you had enjoyed dining experience and I was extremely pleased to read that you felt looked after by the team they are our very best asset.