The Yorkshire Hotel
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$76
$63
  • Breakfast included
Cairn Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$154
$60
  • Breakfast included
The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$59
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$82
$62
$69
$67
  • Pool
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
$137
$99
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$102
$98
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Vin and Bistro(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$105
$45
Rudding Park Hotel(Follifoot)
$300
1,984 results
All reviewsbetty's tea roomsold buildingfourth floora bit tiredcentral locationfantastic locationfire alarmup to datecentre of townbars and restaurantsnight breaklarge bathroomevening mealbuffet styleshort breakplenty of choicea lovely stay
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Well, what can I say about this place??
I checked in, I had booked a single room in the lovely modern foyer and entrance and was very impressed with the bar area.
Then I got into the lift up to my room, I got out of the lift and the smell hit me, a damp smell, the carpets were brownish and had big stains on them, the doors were battered and brown, there are windows in the corridor with no curtains on them and open doors leading to outside,.
I opened the door to my room and it felt like I was walking into a fridge, it was very cold, the bed was lopsided and very squeaky, the tv didn't have basic channels, the bathroom was bigger than the actual room and looked like a surgical theater, I went down and asked for another room, this was slightly better, it was warm but had the squeakiest bed ever, the bathroom was tiny and the shower didn't get hot then overflowed the shower tray,.
The bedroom furniture was the kind of brown stuff my mum used to have.
As I was checking out, there was a queue of people complaining.

What a dump, Harrogate, darling, you should be embarrassed!!!

Oh the one star was for the friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrew I
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. As you are aware I have attempted to correspond with you in relation to your comments posted but unfortunately you feel that there is nothing left to say. Therefore I will be as honest and frank as you have been in my reply as you have been in your comments.
I must apologise that you felt the general standard of the hotel did not meet your expectations for which I am very sorry the room was reserved as a budget single but the reception team did get the impression that you expected so much more I regretfully understand how we did not meet your expectations.
I certainly take on board your comments relating to the bed and this has subsequently been removed. With regard to Damp smell I am at a loss, however in relation to the carpet on the corridors on closer inspection there are is one rusty coloured stain which we have tried to remove it.
You are correct in your observation the windows in the corridor don't and never have had curtains and with regard to open doors leading to outside yes we do, this in fact is a part covered bridge that links 2 parts of the hotel but to be honest I am not sure why this offended you.
Thank you also for your observation in relation to the TV I would imagine that the DTV on the hand set had simply not been selected and therefore reduced your viewing selection significantly.
I do thank you for your comments relating to the team they are our very best asset and they would have loved to have had the opportunity to resolve any short falls.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The very central location of the hotel was great as this was a minibreak with an elderly relative. Unfortunately I would not recommend the hotel itself as the room was in dire need of reburbishment. The very small bathroom had floor tiles that were loose and moved when you walked and otherwise could only be described as adequate. The room itself was clean but old and tatty with inadequate lighting. We were looking forward to breakfast but it was spoilt by being lukewarm and after trying 3 times to get a hot pot of coffee we gave up and went to costa!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I certainly take on board your comments relating to the decoration and we are currently working through a programme of improvements.
After an investigation with my Duty Management team it is regrettable that your disappointment does not appear to have been highlighted or addressed by the Duty Manager visiting your room. I wish to assure you that if the Duty Manager had been made aware they would have endeavoured to provide an alternative room or at the very least offered a gesture of good will.
It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and service.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hotel location and service were great. Twin room was small and shoebox like, we were on the 4th floor and the room had a tiny window making it feel even more box like. Bathroom was very basic too. Having said that the main areas of the hotel were very splendid and I do think t was good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had enjoyed your stay with us and you would choose to stay again. I do take on board your comments in relation to the small room unfortunately the building is not uniform in its design and therefore we have many different shapes and sizes of rooms.
Thank you once again for your comments; it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Excellent location right in the centre of Harrogate. The hotel entrance is grand with lots of original victorian features. Lovely warm welcome on arrival and all the staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was a good size with large bathroom and very clean. The decor of the hotel is in need of an upgrade but this did not deter from the enjoyment of our stay. Unfortunately the breakfast was very poor and rather disappointing as we dined in the restaurant both nights and the food was excellent. However, we would be more than happy to return. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the stray or Betty's cafe are quiet with lovely views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had enjoyed your stay with us and you would choose to stay again. I do take on board your comments in relation to the tired decoration and we are steadily working through the hotel making improvements.
I was disappointed to read your comment in reference to breakfast and if you could provide me with some specifics I would be most grateful especially when you write how much you had enjoyed dinner?

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Brilliant stay the room was spacious and very clean and shower was powerful and hot. The food was of a high standard and the staff was very friendly and could not do enough for you and I am very fussy. I would recommend to stay as we have had a 1st class stay and finally the cocktails are very good. Thankyou Yorkshire Hotel for such
a brilliant stay

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. It was very kind of you to make such generous comments about your recent stay with us. I do hope you come back soon and perhaps sample some more cocktails!
Thank you once again for your feedback.