2,085 results
All reviewsbetty's tea roomsold buildingfourth floora bit tiredcentral locationfantastic locationfire alarmup to datecentre of townlarge roombars and restaurantsevening mealbuffet styleshort breakplenty of choicea lovely staybed and breakfast
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here for 2 nights on the 20- 21st September, the hotel looks lovely from the outside and so did the foyer, bar and dining room all nice decor, we booked a double standard room through late rooms but when we went to the room which was room 406 it was a twin room the beds had big dips in the middle and it was really squeaky and get like it was going to break if you moved so we mentioned it to reception who sent someone up to see us and said he was going to push the beds together and put a sheet over but we weren't happy so they moved us to the suite on the top floor in room 505 as they were fully booked and had no double rooms left it was a nice room at a glance until I went into the bathroom the white shower curtain at the bottom had orange slimy stuff along the bottom and black ingrained mould working its way up the curtain which wasn't pleasant, one of the hand rails on the bath was really loose with half of the metal coating missing I felt it was dangerous I only used the shower but if someone was to use the bath and tried to pull themselves up using this Handel it might come off, our room was right next to two lifts which were noisy especially when they are being used through the night and early morning it kept me awake most of the night and had to use ear plugs the second night we didn't complain as there was nowhere else to put us so thought it was pointless telling them we were the only ones who felt like this as we were talking to some other guests who were saying the same as us if the rooms were as nice as the rest of the hotel we would stay here again and recommend this hotel to other people but sadly this wasn't the case and would never stay here again Harrogate was a lovely place to visit and would visit again but would not stay at this hotel, I'm putting some photos on here so you can see for yourself what it's like

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank orphanannieNewcastle
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your frank and indeed detailed feedback it is a shame I was not given the opportunity d to discuss your findings with us were described. I understand from my reception team you did in fact move rooms immediately to room 505. After an investigation with my Duty Management team it is regrettable that your further disappointment does not appear to have been highlighted or addressed by the Duty Manager visiting your room. I wish to assure you that if the Duty Manager had been made aware of the issues highlighted they would have at the very least to try and rectify the problems encountered. I do apologise for any short fall in housekeeping and maintenance standards and we have of course rectified these.
It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and service.
Thank you once again for your feedback

Reviewed September 23, 2012

just got back from 2 night stay at the hotel well what can i say loads ! my mum me and 2 sisters had 3 rooms booked with secret escapes by my little sis what a great job she did finding this great deal jessica on reception needs a day off she seemed to be there everytime we rang reception my little sis and i got room 301 which was fab with its own living room the food was 5 ******** + great steaks staff were brill my mum wasnt well and we had to leave early but jessica offered to ring her own doctors above and beyond the call of duty cant wait to go back and take my husband there would recomend this hotel to anyone loved it linda byrne

Room Tip: rooms 211 &213 overlook the town on the side. hotel just opposite bettys tea room great for the shops
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank linda b

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. It was very kind of you to make such generous comments about your recent stay with us. It is especially great to read about a particular individual who has in your opinion provided exceptional customer service. I have of course passed on my personal thanks to Jess.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

When we arrived here we were very surprised at how nice the hotel lobby and bar area was, shame when we got to rooms this wasn't the case. We had three rooms, and all three needed updating. All were clean but wallpaper was marked and in definite need or a refurbishment.

Breakfast was £10 pp which was extremely over priced as it was a help yourself buffet which had food lying there for ages.

Location was excellent and would stay here again for one night, great for a stop over but wouldn't rave about it. Looks a lot better on the surface.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cherisse r

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. Thank you for your honest feedback I am sorry the room you were allocated showed signs of wear which, clearly was not been picked up by our maintenance checks thank you for bringing this to my attention. I was disappointed to read your comment in reference to breakfast it is a buffet style breakfast and I am sorry you found it poor value for money.
I was encourage to read that you may choose to stay again. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed for one night on business. Very limited car parking available. Had to park on a side road for a small fee. This was disappointing but I appreciate the hotel is in a very busy area. Blonde woman on reception was very friendly. She was extremely polite during the check-in procedure. Lift was worryingly small! Is it safe!? Apparently it can hold a maximum of 6 persons. You would really struggle to fit more than 2 in there! General decor of the hotel is old and tired. There was refurbishment work ongoing a couple of doors down. It was noisy at first but admittedly didn't cause me a problem in the evening. A polite letter was included in the 'Guest Directory' explaining this but it would have been nice to have known at the time of booking. My room was just as tired as the rest of the hotel. Bed was average and carpet was stained. The bathroom was huge but unnecessary. There was a small towel scrunched up and left in the bath on my arrival. I'm guessing this was not meant to be there. I didn't cause a fuss as there were plenty of other clean towels available for my use.

The location of the hotel is the best part about it. If I was paying for the hotel out of my own pocket I would have felt let down. The hotel has plenty of potential and I hope the management realise this.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank effex74

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I must apologise that you felt the general standard of the hotel did not meet your expectations and I appreciate we are not the most modern hotel for which I am very sorry we are however steadily improving the product and continue to offer a 3 Star or equivalent standard. Thank you for bringing the housekeeping issue to my attention and will of course discuss this with the team.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had our wedding here in August and it was lovely. We used the Cannerveon Suite and The Rooftops, both were lovely. The staff and Emma the co-ordinator were really helpful and the food was excellent.

Would definatly recommend it to anyone looking to get married.

Thanks guys x

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. It is always great to read such a fantastic review. I do hope that potential wedding guests and others read such reviews and make a balanced view of what an event at the Yorkshire can be about.
I do hope you are enjoying married life and wish every success together in the future.