we got married on friday! not at the Yorkshire, but we booked out a large number of rooms (15+) there was an issue with almost every room. the plugs didnt keep the water in in the bath - we had to run it 4 times...there were loose tiles on the floor, the jacuzzi bath didnt work and the duty manager didnt know how to get it started! one of the mattresses had completely collapsed on one side, but they let them move rooms...one room had a crack in the sink that flooded the floor...rooms were without enough towels...the spare sofa beds were not made up and the duty manager came to make it when requested but put a double duvet in a single cover, that didnt have any buttons on so we had this lumpy duvet in a small cover...my wedding planner delivered medication to me and gave it in at reception but they neevr alerted me to this...rooms were generally shabby, and although staff responded quickly and politely they didnt acknowledge that it should have been right the first time...they also did not ring up to my room when my wedding car arrived for me or my bridesmaids! we had to look for it off balcony!
some guests came over from germany and booked 3 nights but after the 2nd night the hotel phoned me, the bride and said that they hadnt checked out..they then got hold of the person in that room and asked them to come back from their day out in harrogate only to discover that they had got it wrong and they were booked in for 3 days - they then made them pay extra to stay in another room because their room was booked.
good location, discounted rooms, some friendly staff, some, not so much...poor rooms...all in all an average stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Agoda, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate