“A Great Little Place”

Sherwood Hotel
Sherwood Hotel
Ranked #30 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Fantastic location and really easy to park which was a massive suprise considering how busy and popular Harrogate is.Ideally situated for the Conference Center which is a real help especially if you have a load of "goodies" to transport.
I only stayed for two nights and I wish it was more so I could sample more of the wonderful breakfasts.
Sue is a real work horse and happy to share stories with you.

Great value for money and I know I will be booking again if I need a place to stay in Harrogate.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank alan_waddell

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed 3 days, Sue was very welcoming. Room was clean and well decorated. Breakfast was freshly cooked and you will not need a lunch ! It was a perfect place to stay. Parking was easier than expected - Sue gave us a daily pass.
Note - there is a hill to walk back from town.

Room Tip: Rooms are not huge - but we got what we expected
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YeovilPete
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times now, and cannot fault the Sherwood. Sue and Austin always provide a peaceful, clean and tidy retreat after a busy day. My visits have always been for business and as a regular exhibitor at the Yorkshire Show we always require an early breakfast at 6.30 which can be a problem at some hotels and B&B's. We are always treated to a complete and hearty cooked breakfast, and there is plenty of fruit and yogurt for those who prefer, or both for those who need maximum sustinance, some cheerful Yorkshire banter is an added bonus ! I would have no problem using the Sherwood for holidays and sure it would make an ideal base to explore from. Being just off the main road which runs past the exhibition centre, you can walk there in 2-3 mins and 10 minutes walk you have a choice of all types of cusine from many excellent restaurants, but the hotels location is quite with no passing traffic and even staying in room 2 which looks out onto the street from a large bay window all seems relaxed and pieceful. Having stayed all over the country it's difficult to think of anywhere that offers such good value for money, you would spend a long time trying to find better and you would definately pay more in my opinion. Don't expect a palace as you're not paying palace money, the rooms are compact but well apointed and in a good state of decor, and always clean and tidy. If anyone had a problem with the Sherwood or Sue and Austin then they would have a problem anywhere, already booked for 2013, need I say more ?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Theoldromantic
Reviewed June 28, 2012

What a great find the Sherwood Hotel in Harrogate was. We stayed there last weekend (22nd May 12). We travelled with friends and we received a very warm welcome from Sue and Austin. The accommodation is very tastefully furnished and the room we stayed in at the top of the building was beautiful with a lovely ensuite. There was a great choice for breakfast and my favourite was the huge bowl of fresh fruit - excellent food!

The location is very quiet but very convenient for both the train and bus stations and the town centre. Good train service to York. Although I am not a great fan of Wetherspoon pubs the one in Harrogateis well worth a visit as it is set in the old spa buildings. We also visited the Old Bell Inn (an ale house) which does a great Sunday lunch.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank jennadevon
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at the Sherwood whilst working away. I found the Hotel very clean and the breakfast very filling. The room was clean and comfortable. Parking is not a problem as the host gives you a parking permit for outside the hotel. I enjoyed my stay in Harrogate so much I took my wife back to the same hotel and she agrees. An easy short walk into town. I would not hesitate in going back again.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Main57
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed a night at the Sherwood as we were "going back to our youth"" at a rock concert at the Conference Centre. In easy rach of our venue, excellent friendly service and first rate breakfast. Lovely room with everything you could ask for! We have finally found a B and B with a power shower and more than enough littel milk posts than we could use !! Thank you so much! Hopefully we will see you again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gina w
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed for one night at this hotel and I can not find a bad word to say about it. Sue and Austin were fantastic accommodating hosts,the hotel was immaculate,parking permits were given and the breakfast was very good.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family