“Has a Betty's with it!”

45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Has a Betty's with it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is an RHS garden that definitely lives up to the name. Well looked after and loads to see. Kids are not forgotten as there are a few play areas for them as well.
I would definitely recommend!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Day Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

It took us 90 minutes to get there, however well worth the journey. First stop was a coffee and cake at Betty's, it was a little pricy but very special, and we were lucky, no wait!
The gardens are inspirational, even in September so much colour and in particular the vegetables were very interesting. Loved the randomness of various summer houses and benches and little nooks and crannies. Next time we will take a picnic. We spent time in the wildlife observation hut and enjoyed how close we were to all the birds. Everything is clean and modern and not a weed in sight, can't wait to go back.

Montepulciano, Italy
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful RHS garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

There really wasn't anything I could dislike .Beautiful gardens .Well laid out .I particularly like the alpine section- well worth a visit x

Derbyshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Having visited on a previous occasion, my husband and myself intended to pop in again for an hour or two to while away a morning - we left just before closing time wondering where the time had gone. We wereprompted to return by a facebook posting from Harlow Carr with a wonderful image of trees in their full autumn glory. Although we probably should have realised, this was slightly misleading - the photograph must have been taken on a previous Autumn, as there was only a hint of leaves turning when we visited! There's lots of nice planting and inspiration, a bird hide where you can view feeders, historical garden areas, as well as a host of facilities for children, a good shop, and much more. The parking is close by, and free. The cherry on the cake - literally - is that there is a Bettys on site where you can break for lunch or tea - either at a takeaway kiosk within the grounds, or sit-down restaurant/cafe with veranda overlooking the gardens.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Surprisingly noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

My mistake for visiting on a beautiful sunny September Sunday. Shrill kiddies running loose screaming in delight, yummy mummy's honking at the kids, noisy extractor fans from the various new buildings, plenty of noise from the adjacent A road.

I know its great that the RHS has deliberately made the place child friendly, the log castles must be great if under 10. But for me, the place no longer has the calm and serenity which I hoped to find. Real shame because its beautifully planted and a real gem otherwise. Id like to think the RHS could fathom a way to put up a sound-barrier adjacent to the road?

The fashionable artificial swathes of 'wild-flower meadow' are quite frankly awful - neither 'wild' nor meadow-like. One expects better from the RHS