“Good service, food a let down”
Review of Zizzi - Harrogate

Zizzi - Harrogate
Ranked #162 of 448 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service, food a let down”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I have visited a few Zizzi Restaurants and have been impressed with quality of food and value for money (with voucher!).
I was however unimpressed with my most recent visit. After ordering the same dish I have had previously, it was completely different, below par and portion size was considerably reduced. Quite a surprise seen as they are a well established brand? Service at harrogate branch always excellent though!

1 Thank coffeebelle1

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Consistently good”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Used a 20% off voucher early evening midweek and the restaurant was busy. The pizza as always was of a high standard and good value with the discount.
We were a party of 3 but I did notice that some of the tables for 2 were on the small side and poorly positioned.

3 Thank Yorkflyer
Scottish Borders
“"Review update"”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was back in Harrogate on buisness and stayed over the weekend with my girlfriend,I suggested visiting zizzi's as I had been before with work,and thought it would be good to see the response you get from being in a couple as dinners.
We we're shown the menu and advised when asked,our waitress even said we will do a half and half garlic bread for you if you both like different things,so we did,my girlfriend had a pasta dish and I had the calzone,we had a taste of each others as you do then the waitress said I'll get you both another plate each so you can share.
I'm glad to say this resturants never let me down on buisness or personal use, so if your in Harrogate it's worth the visit,nice and chilled atmosphere with no pressure.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank GWH1369
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Good service, okay food”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Came to Zizzi's with a friend that loves this place. We were greeted at the door by the owner (I think). We asked how long the wait was b/c we were going to catch a show in an hour. He told us 10 minutes and we were okay with that. He told a waitress that we had a time crunch and to take our drink order while we waited. Then he walked over a cleared a table himself! ( awesome right?!) within five minutes we were seated and had our drinks. The starters were delicious and the staff great. I was really excited about my main...the "new" carbonara pasta. Well, I was a little disappointed. It was okay but not delicious. It was kind of bland and not as freh as I would like. So my experience was very good instead of excellent. But maybe the carbonara is better now that the chefs have had time to prefect the recipe. I plan on going back. I really enjoyed the staff and atmosphere. I'm sure if I order something that's been on the menu a while it will be delicious.

2 Thank Tiffany M
“My favourite restaurant!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This is the best italian in hgate and we go here all the time. Food excellent service great interior refreshing its perfect! Especially the carbonara soooo goood!! U must go here should have a lot better ratings than it does!!!!

• Visited May 2013