“Delightful Stay”
Review of Arden House

Arden House
Ranked #5 of 98 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was unable to get a room near York due to the races so I decided to check out Harrogate. After reading several reviews I booked two rooms via Expedia.com. My mom was with my husband and I and she had never had a B&B experience. When we arrived we found that the booking engine had secured only two single rooms when I had secured a double and a single...the owner, Beverly, was quick to accomadate us even though there was a problem with the reservation. Yes, the rooms are small and so are the en-suites. However, they are clean and comfortable. The breakfast was the BEST I have ever had at a B&B. Hot, fresh, and generous. I would definitely stay again. As for my Mom....she is hooked on the B&B concept.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HarrogateTraveller, Owner at Arden House, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your positive review and especially your comment regarding breakfast "the Best you;ve ever had at a B & B"....a fantastic compliment...many thanks. Beverley

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed 1 nite for my birthday. The location is great! Less than a ten minute walk to the centre.Our room was very clean and spacious with lots of cupboard space and an en suite.Had a very good nights sleep in a very comfy bed! The breakfast was lush! There was a buffet breakfast offering cereals,fruit and yogurts and toast.we had a full English which was very tasty and a big pot of tea! We had a really pleasant stay here and thought it was excellent value for money and would defiantly stay here again!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

A lovely review, thank you. We look forward to seeing you again. Beverley

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Well just reurned from a 2 night stay29/07/12 at this hotel/ B&B , what a lovely place .After we eventually found the front road to this ( because Google and sat nav took us around the back of hotel) we were greeted by Bev who is a lovely host, she gave us parking permits so we could park outside on the road which was very handy.Bev showed us around the place which was lovely and clean, she also gave us a map which had discount vouchers on to use in many restaurants. The rooms were lovely and clean and yes they had sink in the room but this was not a problem for us. The breakfasts were freshly cooked to order and were delicious , they had everything from Yougurt, fresh fruit, cereal and the orange juice was lovely .Would stay there again . Thank you Bev

Mrs Boyle

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor which was lovely
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks Mrs Boyle for your great review. Im glad the vouchers were useful for the restaurants. It was a pleasure to meet you and look forward to your return. Beverley

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I Stayed here with my husband for one night as we were visiting the exhibition centre. The location was only a short walk from the centre (10 minutes) and was ideally situated to explore locally.
On arrival we couldn't park on the car park as it was full but could park outside on the road with a daily permit which Bev gave us on check in.
Our room was small but adequate and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was made to order and was delicious with lots of choice.
Will definitely book again next time we visit Harrogate. Bev is a very friendly host and made us feel very welcome in her hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rasc
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here overnight to attend a friend's wedding. The room, as some other reviewers have noted, was on the small side, but there was certainly plenty of space for luggage, ample cupboard space should you need to use it, and an adequate bathroom containing shower and toilet (the sink was in the room itself).

Service at the Arden was first-rate: staff were friendly, helpful and polite. Breakfast and a well-stocked honesty bar were both superb too. Slept incredibly well. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again. It was a pleasure to meet you. Beverley

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We (12 girls) stayed June 2012 for my hen do weekend in Harrogate. From the start Beverley was very friendly and professional taking my initial enquiry and helped me immensely. The hotel itself was decorated lovely and all the rooms were nice - especially the one i stayed in with the four poster! Beverley allowed us to use the communal bar area on both nights for drinks and a meeting point for my guests and went above and beyond the norm to help us with this. Breakfast was lovely and lots of choice. Thanks again Beverly to you and your team - it was a fantastic stay with you - if i ever find myself in Harrogate with somewhere to stay i know where m,y first point of call will be :)

Room Tip: the four poster! Can't remember room number sorry!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

It was an absolute delight having you all stay here. Im so glad you had a great time, and hope the wedding goes as planned. Keeping my fingers crossed hoping the sun shines on your special day! Thank you Louise for your lovely review and hope we see you again soon. Beverley

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Our twin room was not spacious but fine for a few nights. It's a good clean b&b run by quality people. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends