“Lovely Crepes - need to expand hours to meet demand”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Crepes & Creams

Crepes & Creams
Ranked #4 of 9 Dessert in Harrogate
Cuisines: Cafe, French
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Westminster, Maryland
“Lovely Crepes - need to expand hours to meet demand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've been in a couple of times and had wonderful crepes and service/conversation with a smile. However, I've had 2 different experiences where they couldn't be fussed to remain open. The first time, I actually walked into the restaurant and stood waiting for about 5 minutes. I saw some ladies come in and out of the back but no one really acknowledged that I was there. Finally someone came out and said "can I help you?" I said "well, yes, I'd like a nutella crepe," to which she replied "oh we are closed." The door was unlocked, lights on and sign not turned. My jaw nearly hit the floor. I explained that I had been standing there and no one told me they were closed. There was also a couple still eating. I was a bit put off but eventually made it past my pride and came back and had some wonderful crepes the next time. Then, a couple of weeks ago, nearly the same thing happened. As I was walking up the lady turned the sign. I pleaded with her standing there with my weepy child and she stood her ground that they were not going to stay open one minute longer for us. I just don't understand this concept of customer service. Perhaps its my inner capitalist but I'm always shocked when I want to give someone my money for a service and it is refused because it's too much trouble. I would suggest expanding hours to match the shop closures (5:30).

• Visited February 2013

“Friendly, delicious, fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I originally started going in two years ago and havn't been able to stop going in with the kids, my husband or some friends for a bi-monthly treat! The friendly-ness of the staff is comparable to a classic Italian family run restaurant, it's such a warm friendly atmosphere that it feels like coming home! And the food! All fresh locally sourced ingredients and so filling I recommend sharing (so there's room for a second!) Cannot explain how nice it is to have this sort of place so close. Must recommend the goats cheese or chicken and chorizo if you go savoury!

crepesadndcreams, Owner at Crepes & Creams, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review - it really does mean a lot to all of us here at Crepes & Creams to know that what we do is so wonderfully received.

Hope to see you again soon.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great coffee, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I cannot understand the previous reviewer. I have just had lunch with my good lady at Crepes and Creams. As always the crepes were really tasty with well thought out and good quality ingredients. The coffee blend is excellent and the staff are friendly which makes the whole visit a pleasure. I will certainly be revisiting very soon.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mark66_5
“Style over content”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am extremely surprised to see the other reviews. They must be friends with the owner. I called in last October and the visit was best forgotten. In fact, pancake day is looming which reminded me to check out the reviews. My mother and I had savoury pancakes I had chicken and my mother had ham. The meat was the sort of chopped and shaped wafer thin stuff. Cheap and nasty. The pancake was tiny and very expensive. I think this is one of those places who thinks if they use rocket they have the right to charge what they like. It was most unsatisfactory. The young girl who served us was fairly good. It was quite a small place but they had crammed so many tables in. I was pleased that it was not busy when I was in nor did it become busy otherwise it would be a squeeze to say the least. I would have received better value at a restaurant. Go elsewhere!

crepesadndcreams, Owner at Crepes & Creams, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your review to which I am completely devastated, as I believe your comments are unjustified and unsupported. Firstly, the fact that you visited our shop back in October and only have now decided to post this review leads me wonder whether this is a genuine review or somebody trying to make us look bad with it being pancake day. We use a brilliant local independent butcher on Leeds Road in Harrogate - he steams our chicken breasts and provides us with all our top ham and beef - I pride myself completely on the quality of ingredients that go into the crepes (this is supposed to be a thinner version of pancake - it isn't supposed to be thick)! We can get very busy in our shop, I do believe this is because we are popular and people like to visit us. We always ask every customers if they enjoy what they have and have never had a complaint - apart from now. However, I feel like had you made us aware at the time,I could have resolved your complaint or tried to understand what your views are - not four months after the event. This shop has been my blood, sweat and tears to try and get it to where it is today and it is still going strong,especially given the current economic climate. I price everything as best I can to cover the quality ingredients that go into these crepes. I don't use processed, cheap or poor quality of anything and I believe that my prices are extremely respectable given what goes into them. I am always extremely humbled and surprised at the such wonderful, lovely reviews that we have had so far and to question that I have had anything to do with them is extremely upsetting and completely wrong.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Never disappointed! Always the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Being french, I like my pancakes! Well, this little restaurant/tea room is excellent. Service is always spotless, always with a smile! The pancakes are really delicious and taste is very consistent from one visit to the next... you are never disappointed! And don't forget... if it is too warm outside for a pancake, they have locally produced ice creams, nice Smoothies and milkshakes.