“The best coffee you'll get anywhere”
Review of Bean and Bud

Bean and Bud
Ranked #32 of 448 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Harrogate's original award winning independent coffee shop and tea house. A changing selection of single origin coffees. Speciality whole leaf teas. Sandwiches and salads made fresh daily with local ingredients. Home baked goodies and gluten free treats. Great tunes and art. WiFi. Beverage Standards Awards National Winners 2014: Best Tea in the UK, Best in Raising Standards in the UK, 5-Cup (Outstanding) Accreditation. Well behaved dogs welcome at our discretion.
North Yorkshire
“The best coffee you'll get anywhere”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Ok so I'm a complete convert - I never really drank coffee at all until Bean and Bud opened just over 3 years ago. Came in the first week and now frequent this lovely coffee (and tea) house at every opportunity. The owners are lovely people, very knowledgeable. The range of coffee and tea is very good indeed and in addition to this they have a regular house blend and regular new guest coffees. The sandwiches are made of good bread and ingredients such as the cheese and meats are locally sourced. They sell wonderful cakes - Plum cake, Victoria Sandwich, Tunisian Orange and Chocolate and Chilli Brownie are particularly good. Lovely, chilled atmosphere and great choice in music which is at just the right level. Newspapers and free wifi. It's good to see an independent cafe doing so well, especially in the face of such strong internationally famous competition. Why are you still reading this, why haven't you gone in yet?

• Visited June 2013

Chester, United Kingdom
“Best coffee, tea and hot chocolate in town.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Always take time to have hot drinks and cakes here. Busy place even slightly away from the main shops but well worth the trouble to find and wait for a table. They know their beans and buds here and the hot drinks are superb. Have sampled a variety of teas, infusions, coffees and hot chocolates here and have never been disappointed. The cakes too are deliciously different, the Tunisian orange cake is wonderful. There are more famous Bs in Harrogate but Bean and Bud has nothing to fear. Cannot wait to snack there again, meantime I'll make my own poor imitations and drink them from a souvenir Bean and Bud mug!

Visited May 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Great coffee”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

At last!! Strong coffee that's not bitter! . . .also had their last piece of chilli and ginger brownie ( on their recommendation). I was a little sceptical, but it was delicious. Very friendly staff too

• Visited March 2013
United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently tried Bean & Bud for the first time, having read good reviews on TripAdvisor I had been wanting to try it for quite some time. I visited last Friday with a friend for coffee. We didn't know whether to just take a seat or whether we should order at the counter as there was a lot of staff working there, but nobody really acknowledged us. We therefore found a table which had just been cleaned and sat down, nobody came over after quite some time and there wasn't any menus so I asked if there were any, I was told by a girl behind the counter it was on the board so after looking at the board we decided to have two lattes, I therefore asked the girl if we could order this. She nodded and so I sat down and we waited and waited for our coffees! It took ages, I know it was busy, but nobody really acknowledged us, when they finally came it was nice coffee, but not the best I've had and we thought expensive £2.40 for a small latte!! some of the more expensive places don't even charge that. Nice coffee, but didn't live up to the great expectations I had of it.

• Visited May 2013
“Amazing coffee!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Local independant coffee house which has many different special teas - also good if you need an unusual present ie they sell all their teas and coffee's packaged as well. Get my takeaway coffee from there as I walk into town or sit with my mum having a slice of cake - also town center parking on commercial street where they are located.

• Visited May 2013