“Superb establishment got everything right”

Queens Head Inn at Kettlesing
Ranked #19 of 99 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Welcoming fantastic, food brilliant, blue steak cooked to perfection. All staff welcoming and very happy to help. Room was spacious very clean, hot running water, quality TV set in room. What more can I say we will be staying here again.

Thank you to Louise and staff for making it great

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I spent one night here on 22 Sept after a beautiful day driving around Yorkshire. I checked into my room just before 6pm and was one of the first guests for dinner. I certainly wasn't the only guest, as all the tables were filled within 30 minutes. I was very hungry and thirsty after a long day, so I ordered the Yorkshire pudding and the Queen's grill. I also tried several of the beers they had on tap. The Queen's grill could have easily served two people, but I managed to eat all of it. The various meat cuts were cooked perfectly and were excellent. I waddled up to my room and took a short breather before returning to the pub for whisky and dessert. On Louise's recommendation I had the sticky toffee pudding. Like my dinner, it was excellent. I stumbled up the stairs after a couple whisky's and slept like a log.
The room was very nice. Large bed, large TV, very clean en suite and very quiet. It was at least as nice as some of the finer hotels I've stayed in.
Unfortunately, I only had toast for breakfast the next morning, although a full English breakfast was available. I was still full from dinner the night before.
I highly recommend the Queens Head Inn. I was traveling alone, but felt very welcomed and comfortable. I will happily return in the not so distant future with my family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rokke
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is a wonderful country pub hidden in a picturesque village just off the A59 Harrogate to Skipton Road. It is a pub with 7 well equiped en suite bedrooms (new about 15 years ago) serving good unpretentious food at value for money prices.

Like many other pubs it has lost its 'hub of the community' feel with the lack of locals and the change in drinking pattern. This is not a criticism of The Queen's Head just a statement of fact relating to village pubs, our own included.

The main business is meeting the needs of American visitors to Menwith Hill, hence the large flat TVs and the big beds. The discounted weekend break via Laterooms.com is a bargain.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had never eaten here before and wanted somewhere suitable for a family gathering and Sunday lunch. The Queens head ticked all the boxes. We received a warm and friendly greeting from the landlady, The food was excellent and plenty of it served by efficient, curteous staff. Very good value for money. I would recommend anyone to eat here and will certainly be returning in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We ate at this pub in early September and were very impressed with the quality of the food, the good service and the friendly greeting. It is only a short drive out of Harrogate but in a very pretty spot, and the smell of wood smoke as we approached the pub reminded us that Autumn is nearly here. We plan to book a weekend break here later in the Autumn based on out all-too-short experience eating there. Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have eaten at this Inn 2 or 3 times during each of our 5 visits to the area in as many years. It has a friendly village pub atmosphere and the landlady Lou is very welcoming. It offers a varied menu of good home cooked food with a selection of half a dozen specials each night. The meals are cooked fresh to order so don't expect fast food. Whilst you can reserve tables it is also possible to just walk in. A good place for a wholesome meal if in the area

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Booked a stay at this lovely inn on Last minute.com. The reviews on there were very good so I was expecting a lot and I was not disappointed. The landlady showed us to a lovely room with a view. Very spacious, clean and comfortable with a huge bed! Such a quiet village that the only sound in the morning was the birds tweeting.
I felt so at home immediately and knew I would feel rested after my stay.
The landlady could not do enough for you. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and it was a real bonus not to have to worry about having a few drinks and driving when you were already home!
After a wonderful nights sleep on a very comfortable bed, a lovely full english which could not be faulted. If you want to have a relaxing, get away from it all, stay away then I would highly recommend this Hotel and it's only 10 mins by car into lovely Harrogate.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple