“Best Italian in town!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Leeds
“Best Italian in town!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have lived in Harrogate for over 10 years and visited this restaurant for the first time a few weeks ago - shame on me!. As a regular eater outer I can say this is the best Italian food in town! The food is interesting with some slight quirks on the traditional Italian dishes you get at other restaurants and there is something for everyone on the menu. It is not a big restaurant and is full of what are clearly regulars. Small and bustling - just like a good local italian should be (and thankfully without loud Italian music and pictures of food on the wall). Perfect!

• Visited August 2013

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Great local family run restaurant, bustling and popular with those in the know !”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Shame on me for never reviewing one of my favourite local restaurants ! This is a great local family run restaurant, in a popular street just outside of town.

My recommendation is to book in advance, but if youre strolling by always call in, Adele will fit you in if she can !

The menu is varied and not too massive, Friday is fish night (my favourite) even though for the past two occasions Ive eaten steak with marmite !! if you love marmite you will love this, and combined with the best roast potatoes on the planet - my current favourite meal.

Nothing is too much trouble for Adele and the small team, if you want your meal spicier or plain or whatever suits you, they will happily accommodate.

If they have it on, you must try the raspberry and chocolate bread and butter pudding - OMG !!

As other reviewers have mentioned the restaurant is not massive, it is compact and buzzing, it has great atmosphere and its all about the food.

2 Thank Tracy006
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Positive attitude!....”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Like the previous reviewer we ate in the restaurant on the 25th July, but our experience was positive! I rang to book a table, but could not make a reservation for the time I asked, but was offered and accepted 30 minutes later. On arrival we were offered a choice of tables in a little room (6 covers) near the entrance. The two waitresses were whizzing about at high speed and it was clear they were busy. No matter! Our choice of wine arrived within 7 minutes of having been seated. (I don't usually time things, incidentally!). Both waitresses were charm itself. We ordered a mozzarella etc starter and a chilli spaghetti - both out of the top drawer. While our mains took some time to arrive, we reflected on the busyness of the place and that a decent interval between courses is no bad thing. The Bass and the sirloin steak, accompanied by broccoli and roast potatoes, were done to perfection. This is a good restaurant; the staff really try hard, and we really enjoyed it. We'll be back on one of our future visits to Harrogate.

1 Thank Richard L
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor attitude!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Having read the reviews on this restaurant we were looking forward to a great experience but we were very disappointed. We booked a table in advance and to be fair on arrival we were offered the choice of two but what wasn`t explained by the waitress was that the table we chose was in a room effectively taken over by a hen party 10 minutes after we sat down. Everything thereafter was rushed and we had to endure the hens and waitresses squeezing passed us every 5 minutes. We felt a bit like we were intruding in a private party.

The starters were first class but the mains a bit bland however what really let the restaurant down was the attitude of the waitress . On leaving, I mentioned to her that they need to reflect on cramming the tables, and all I received was an offhand comment `Well thats why I offered you a choice` Truly a dreadful response!

Maybe we chose a bad night to be there but what really prompted this review was the complete indifference of the waitress.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Perfect for summer casual dining”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Once again just what we needed, relaxed , no fuss great food, lots of variety, lovely service, bustling and busy, Adele and her team did us proud - we will be back