“Superb Service. Food, fantastic!”

Timberlake's Bistro
Ranked #9 of 400 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: ***UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP *** Re-Opening on 11th of April 2018 - we offer a modern take on the best of British and Yorkshire Fayre in a warm & welcoming environment. Keep your eyes peeled on our social media pages for our up and coming launch.
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is simply the best I've ever been to. I eat a lot and am keen to try different places, but not a "foodie" per-say.

"Timberlakes" came as a highly recommended, family ran business. I am blown away by the quality of food and service provided by the only 3 people in the place. Chef, sous chef and one maitre'd. It is a small venue/bistro, seating about 20 people, lovely and intimate.

Going in, my wife and I were greeted by a gentleman who was very personable, but not over familiar. He gave an honest and funny chat, but also very passionate about the food and his work. He talked in detail about the presentation and preparation of the menu items. His service was way beyond what I've ever experienced, when compared with other high-end restaurants.

The food; I had a specials menu item and my wife had something a la carte.

My special menu item was a filet of venison, in a rich, thick meaty gravy with a hint of dark chocolate on a bed of spinach and smooth and creamy mashed potato, softened with half grapes. The venison could not have been any better, I've had it once before, but this surpassed my expectations. Tender, flavourful and fantastic when complimented with the bitterness of the dark chocolate flavour.

My wife had a beef casserole, which by the name would suggest a standard British staple food, that could only be thought of as mediocre. Wrong! There were two very generous and tender cuts of beef in a rich gravy, again on a bed of the same fantastic mash potato.

We shared a cheese board for after dinner. Locally sourced cheeses, that were a mix of off-piste strong and subtle flavours. Again, blown away. I am a keen cheese muncher, and loved every bit of it, washing it down with a beautiful glass of port.

This restaurant was the best I've attended, by a country mile. If I lived in Harrogate, I would attend regularly.
Would recommend to anyone visiting for a day or two.

1  Thank Doddy550

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

My partner & his mum decided on a day trip to Harrogate & stumbled on this great little place - although we had not reserved a table & the place was busy the guy running the place fitted us in & was an absolute delight. Food was excellent & attention to detail fantastic - we are going to make a special trip back for the Sunday lunch - recomended! :)

1  Thank Nick T
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Friend and I dined last week, what a beautiful meal, spoilt for choice , my starter of Scallops was amazing, fantastic in taste and how it was presented, The Bream main course was just as lovely, ,my friend had the Venison with a Chocolate sauce and he said it was the best he had ever had!!!
Quirky little touches together with an impressive Wine list and Perfect service, Harrogate's "Hidden Gem"
Truly Lovely, I shall return again and again :)

2  Thank Gee_Gees
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I ate lunch here following all of the good recommends on Tripadvisor and i wasn't disappointed. The restaurant was an oasis of calm amongst the chaos of Christmas shoppers. The food was well presented with decent portions and really can't be faulted. The owner was very helpful not only in assisting with our selection of food but also offered to come and find me and parents should we get lost trying to find the restaurant - not a service you get everyday and one fortunately we didn't have to take him up on.

We definately would there again on any future trips to Harrogate

2  Thank mcfc_fan2013
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

You could easily miss this spot tucked away as it is in downtown Harrogate. It has a bistro atmosphere and a bit of a swagger - getting a table can be a challenge on some nights, especially with the limited seating. I'd recommend a night during the week or reservations on the weekend, just in case. The beer selection is a nice bonus, and includes American and Belgian ales on bottle. Try the moules frites when available.

1  Thank OdelaySapo