“Excellant food and Atmosphere”

Deano's Graze & Grill
Ranked #9 of 456 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sharing Plates & Steaks
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was our first visit to Harrogate and we Deano's after reading the fabulous reviews and are we glad we did!! The atmosphere as you climb the stairs up to the restaurant was buzzing. Service was first class and food superb. The menu was excellant with so much choice and loved the fact that the plates of food were brought out gradually and not all at once. If I lived in Harrogate I would be a regualar visiter!!! Don't change a thing as I would say you have it spot on!!

1  Thank 1958Trish55
grazegrill, Owner at Deano's Graze & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thanks so much for choosing Deano's when visiting Harrogate - I know there's lots of good restaurants to choose from. Glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and food. Hopefully you will get the chance to visit again some time.

Thanks

There are newer reviews for Deano's Graze & Grill

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is the second time we have visited Deano's before visiting Harrogate Little Theatre and each time we have really enjoyed the special graze menu which provides 3 different dishes. There were four of us visiting and we also ordered a plate of mixed starters and a portion of chips which we found we really didn't need as we were unable to finish all three dishes!

Each dish was beautifully cooked and presented. I can especially recommend the mini fish and chips!

The service was very professional and the staff were both attentive and pleasant.

Really glad you enjoyed your pre theatre dining - we are so lucky to be close to the Theatre and HIC and have many people coming to enjoy a quick bite before their evening show.

Hope to see you again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have been to Deano's on a couple of occasions now and thoroughly enjoyed it every time. My last visit was last month when I went with a group of friends for dinner. The service was absolutely brilliant as it has been every time. I think of one of the chaps we had commented that if you had a restaurant you would want him working in it - so enthusiastic & friendly!

We were there in time for the early birds menu which was very good value for money with a selection of 3 small plates & a glass of wine for £16. All the food had by all of us was absolutely delicious & came at a nice pace & was very well presented. They bring one dish out each at a time so you get chance to enjoy each one before the next arrives. I had the tandoori salmon which was delicious, the Moroccan stew which was very very good & I cannot for the life of me think what the third was but it was yummy!!

We didn't have the starter platter which I have has previously. Although it was very nice - this on top of the dishes on the set menu was VERY filling! I have never had room for dessert!!!

I don't recall which wine we drank but I remember it was very nice!

I would highly recommend this restaurant, the food & staff are great. One word of warning - go hungry as you will need the room!!

For those with mobility problems & prams - it is up a steep flight of stairs on the first floor of the building. I don't know if there is any means of getting up other than walking!

Definitely worth a visit!

Thanks so much for your wonderful review - delighted to hear you keep coming back to visit us!

In answer to your question, unfortunately the main stairway is our only access :-(. But it doesn't stop many families coming in with pushchairs etc as we are very child friendly. We have highchairs once they are here and there is always someone more than happy to help carry a pushchair e.t.c

Thanks again for the lovely comments

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Super spot for lunch or dinner with a crowd of friends. Sharing plates are large, the selection is also large. The service was super, the food was good and fresh. I'd recommend without hesitation. Perhaps not a spot for a romantic dinner but that depends on what you are looking for. For a fun evening or lunch with friends this is the spot to try.

Delighted you enjoyed your lunch. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is our family's favourite eating place and the food today was delicious as usual. It was our son's birthday and no surprise that he chose Deano's. You can either have a main meal, like a Sunday roast, or grazing plates which are smaller and which I prefer.

My husband and son had the New York burger which was a massive burger in a bun with lots of trimmings and chips. It came on large cow shaped plates which were a nice touch. It was so large that they both found it hard to finish. Both said it was magnificent. My daughter-in-law had five pancakes, I'm not sure if the filling was chicken or duck but they came on a plate with a wonderful satay sauce and various fillings as well. She gave them top marks. I'd love to know where the satay sauce came from as it was the best I've ever tasted. I had the seafood risotto with prawns and lemon as well as a side order of chips. The risotto came in its own pot with a lid which kept it piping hot. Again, another winner.

We had two puddings, the banoffee pie which comes in a Farrah's toffee tin and the lemon posset with ginger crumbs and raspberries. The banoffee pie came accompanied with a candle and Happy Birthday music which was a lovely gesture and our son was chuffed. Both puddings were delicious, the lemon posset was very creamy and just the right amount of sugar in the coulis and raspberries. I thought the ginger crumb might be a bit soggy but it was lovely and crisp. The meal for four of us came to just over £50 including a pint of lager and a coke.

Excellent value but do phone to book as this restaurant is an award-winner and rightly very popular.

Thanks so much for such a lovely review- I know you come often and your custom is very much appreciated xx