“A Disappointing Experience”
Review of Cafe Masala - CLOSED

Cafe Masala
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Newly opened Indian Resturant In Harrogate. Only opened in january 2011, Fantastic food, contempery atmosphere, friendly staff and a whole lot more!
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“A Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I visited The Cafe Masala with my family for my son's Birthday treat.We had a variety of starters and popadoms which were all very nice, as were the different rices and naan breads that we tried. The curries were a real disappointment, the mild curries were far too sweet and sickly. The balti was ok but there was a lot of oil mixed in with it. The worst part was the chicken tikka meat which was hard and tasteless. I was really hoping that this visit was going to be the first of many, as we live within walking distance. Unfortunately that will not be the case as there are several better options for a curry in Harrogate.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank 3-MikeSmith-3

London, United Kingdom
“In a league of its own! Best Indian in Harrogate”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

As a regular ''eating out'' person I had never heard of this place until a work colleague mentioned it and how nice it was. Now I love my Indian food and regularly visit a couple of other mediocre Indian restaurants in the area just because I like the taste of the food not the taste of their food. What a nice surprise my visit to Cafe Masala was.
On arrival we were greeted like friends by the owner himself who took us over to our seats and had a chat and presented us with menus. The decor is lovely and the ambiance just right with some lovely traditional music playing in the background to set the tone. We were going for the two course meal for £10.25 including a drink and thought we would get a separate menu but that’s not the case its the same menu just not the Prawns and Duck (understandably)
The choice of dishes was amazing, I started with the mixed Platter which was perfect and then asked the owner for his advice on a dish as I had no idea what to order. I love my dishes to have flavour and spices but not too hot and he straight away recommended the Goan Flavour which was just what the taste buds wanted. The food was incredible and really tasty. The main course was full of different flavours containing mustard, coriander and lime. Simply delicious.
Overall a very top Indian restaurant, a league above the others in the area and one I shall visit frequently. Well done and keep up the good work. This is definitely worth a visit to all the other curry eaters!

• Visited September 2012
“Probably the worst Indian I've had to date”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

After eating at very good established restaurants for a long time now, cafe masala is probably the worst meal I have eaten to date. Meals were over laced with far too much sugar, and lacking any content or flavours... I've had ready meals that tasted far better. The manager was very rude once we confronted him about the matter, although the service was reasonable on a couple of occasions we had to ask where our drinks were. We left very dissatisfied never again... why can't harrogate do any decent Indian food, Leeds and Bradford are far superior.

yorkshire
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Having been a fan of asian and indian food for forty years and having eaten it in many different destinations (including leeds, bradford and brick lane in london) this is the best ever. The food has depths of flavour (without burning if that is what you want), the portions are generous, the service is friendly and informative and I cannot fault this place in any way. It is also excellent value for money. We will be returning time and again (have already been twice in a week since first found it) and will certainly recommend it to anybody.

• Visited August 2012
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“brilliant!!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

me and husband stayed in the new park hotel which is above cafe masala. I just want to start by praising the staff they were so friendly and smiling happy to help at all times, we started in the lounge area which is warm and inviting and drank some lovely jack rabbit. At the table we looked through the menu and the staff were very informative regarding the options and dishes. The food is beautiful really clean and fresh tasting ( and i have worked my way around indian restaurants in my time) every mouthful was gorgeous. what else so i need to say? i will definately be dining there again and i am at this minute craving the lamb chops...a must!!

• Visited August 2012