“Homely authentic Italian food”

Bica Bistro and Cafe
Ranked #102 of 386 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Proper home cooked food with a hint of Southern Europe, great coffee and cakes, warm, casual atmosphere.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We made a great discovery this week! Having seen the reviews we thought we must give Rosso's a try. We intended only to go in for a coffee, however the staff were so welcoming that we stayed for more. From the outside Rosso's looks very ordinary and quite small. However don't be put off or you will miss a real treat. We ordered our Cappuchinos but were soon enticed by the aromas of the home made Italian food. Fantastic Minestrone soup followed by really tasty lasagne. Will soon call again.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

After hearing my friends rave about it and seeing that it was No. 1 on TripAdvisor, I just had to try Cafe Rosso. From what I had heard, I thought it was a big, fancy Italian restaurant. It is not. It is a small relatively plain cafe but boy is the reasonably priced food good and the staff wonderful! I had a chicken caesar salad with DELICIOUS marinated chicken, HUGE shavings of parmesan, and homemade croutons. I asked for the dressing on the side, which was a good idea because my friend's side salad had a nice variety of veggies but was drenched in dressing.Her ciabatta sandwich and latte were wonderful too. The best part of the meal was when the owner/chef went table to table making sure everyone's meals were delicious and everyone was happy! It was a VERY nice touch.

2  Thank Yankmum
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have been several times now and each visit has been well worthwhile.It is a little out of town but parking has been easy ( of course with all the great reviews that night change!)Friendly staff and lovely food.The antipasto to share is excellent.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very nice friendly staff and tasty authentic Italian food. The minestrone soup was lovely and the cakes including apple studel were nice. I will be returning for a full meal next time in Harrogate. Good value food and drink.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

It was a dreary afternoon a few weeks ago, me and my partner were enjoying a brisk walk home when we discovered the delightful cafe Rosso, upon entrance we received an extremely warm welcome by all staff including the famous 'stefano'. We were planning on popping in for a quick drink though after seeing other people's meals we decided to have a full luncheon, the food was incredible! So impressed! I was equally impressed by the charming waitress who provided excellent service, I believe her name is Becky, such a brilliant attitude, very pleased. I recommend this excellent cafe to absolutely anyone looking for an authentic Italian meal in a beautiful town! I shall be returning in the near future.

1  Thank GeegeeMartino