“Great Thai Food!!”

Sukhothai Harrogate
Reserve with OpenTable
Sukhothai Harrogate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 446 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Description: Just opened 15th November
London, United Kingdom
“Great Thai Food!!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Whilst in Harrogate for couple days away, I wanted to find somewhere nice to have my birthday meal and after reading the reviews and it being recommended by one of the locals I decided to go to Sukhothai. I emailed the restaurant on the Monday for a reservation on the Wednesday and asked for a private table (as private as you can get in a restaurant) as it was just my husband and I dining. They emailed me back straight away and confirmed that they had reserved the table for me.
When entering the restaurant, the decor was lovely and the staff were all very friendly and welcoming. We were sat at a nice table to the side, out of the way-private just as I had requested, which was nice as when we reached at 7.30pm the restaurant was not busy but in the next hour it started to get quite full, but where we were sat, we did not even notice, it was all very romantic.
We ordered a shared starter, a fish and lamb main, a pad thai, a soft drink and a cocktail and the total bill came to £56. I love Thai food and I have to say this was one of the best Thai restaurants, I have been to. The food was full of flavour and good sized portions. I felt it was good value for money and the service was excellent, it was easy to get the staffs attention and nothing was too much for them. If we are ever in Harrogate again, we would definitely go to Sukhothai and I recommend you try it!

• Visited February 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good food, bit mild”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had a good meal here Friday lunchtime. Extensive menu and plenty of choice on the special lunch menu. We were warned one of the dishes selected was very spicy but in the event this wasn't the case. If you're a chilli fan ask for extra. Service was good and wine prices reasonable.

• Visited March 2013
Warrington
“WOW!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

You must try this Thai restaurant when visiting Harrogate. Food is top class as is the service. After having a two course meal for two ( and a shared desert! ) and couple of drinks each for £55, it was certainly value for money.

• Visited February 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a find of a resturant, food was absolute amazing, special mention to the satay chicken. Ate on a sat evening and the resturant was packed, so book to avoid dissapointment. staff were super and the place had a great atmosphere. Will be dining again on our next visit to harrogate

Visited February 2013
UK
“Pedestrian Thai Food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Don't be wowed by the decor and the massive menu - the food is really rather uninteresting. The restaurant is large and in a street of three Thai restaurants. We started with some Thai sausages and fish cakes. Although perfectly adequate they were rather bland. We followed this with a haddock fillets in a mild red curry sauce, duck and ginger and stir fried mixed veg with tofu. With a soft drink and three singha beers the bill was £78. From the look of the food on the other tables the restaurant seems to rely on gimmicks like dipping sauces in Chinese spoons and fried foods in a mini chip basket. The service was efficient.

• Visited January 2013