“True French cuisine with a Yorkshire twist”
Review of Mirabelle Restaurant - CLOSED

Mirabelle Restaurant
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Check our pre-theatre menu!!! 2 Courses £15
HAMDEN
“True French cuisine with a Yorkshire twist”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Quickly becoming recognised as one of the region's leading restaurants, Mirabelle in Harrogate is a real treat. Owner/chef Lionel Strubb is a Frenchman with a passion for food! We have never been disappointed by the ever changing menu, which seeks to blend the best in French cuisine with the best that locally produced ingredients can offer.

It's a little more expensive than most local restaurants, but as they say, "You gets what you pay for!"

They've won two prestigious awards recently, for best service and for best foreign restaurant in Yorkshire.

It's small and intimate, so best to book, especially in the evening, but check out their lunchtime menus too.

• Visited December 2013

York
“Welcoming”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Very warm welcome.Excellent champagne .Food disappointing .Had the set lunch.Goat cheese mousse with beetroot and rhubarb could have done with more beetroot.Seabass with samphire came swimming in sauce and the dish of accompanying vegetables wasn't at all seasonal or freshly cooked.It was a mix of root vegetables and a few ribbons of cabbage .

1 Thank YorkJean
Swindon
“Magnificent meal”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were in Harrogate for the weekend and decided to book at The Mirrable and we were not disapointed. Tom had originally changed our booking from Saturday evening to the Friday eveningas we could not make the Saturday. He was a most pleasant man on the phone and could not have been more helpfull. Again when we arrived on the Friday he was the same pleasant host making us feel totally at home it really does set the evening. Other reviews have mentioned Tom he is a very big asset along of course with the quality of food delivered by the French owner. The beef and the venison were exceptional and my sons fish was cooked to perfection. All in all the whole evening was a triumph and would definitely visit again. We were in Harrogate for the Barbershop convention so we might be back, not sure when though.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service, friendly staff”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We went to the Mirabelle last Friday evening on the spur of the moment and we were very pleased they had a table for us - Friday evening in Harrogate isn't always the easiest time to get a table at a good restaurant!

The staff were very friendly and attentive but not clingy. The service was relaxed and efficient and we didn't wait long for our wine or our starters, although due to my use of French rather than English to order (yes, I know, pretentious!), I ended up getting black pudding croquettes rather than the crevettes (shrimp) delivered to the table; no matter, they immediately got me what I really wanted and in the meantime let me eat the croquettes (so I had to force down two starters at no extra charge). The staff were very apologetic but since it was mostly my fault, we had a good laugh and the meal continued. Both of my starters were absolutely delicious, as was my wife's. The main courses were also fantastic with flavorful and perfectly cooked meat, vegetables and sauces, and at the end of our meal the chef and owner came out and chatted with us for a while which was very nice too....turned out our waitress is his daughter.

We're definitely going back....already booked, in fact.

1 Thank CockneyJon
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Host”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited last week. Tom the manager made us very welcome and was an excellent host . The meal was faultless . We would definitely return.