Mirabelle Restaurant
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Check our pre-theatre menu!!! 2 Courses £15
Reviewed May 23, 2013

As with a previous reviewer we find it very difficult to rate this restaurant, we would love to give it 5 but in truth 4 is fairer reflection of our experience. We booked for a Saturday evening and dined from the a la carte. The service, decor, atmosphere etc are all a clear 5 - we were well looked after throughout the evening by bright & friendly staff, the table was good and we both felt very comfortable there.

The starters were good, my wife had the goats cheese & beetroot which was beautifully presented - I had the mackerel which was good but I would have liked the coating to be a bit crispier than it was. My wife had a monfish main which was generously portioned and very tasty, I had the venison which was nicely cooked but I think the celeriac mash didn't add much to the dish overall. There seemed to be quite a few cubes & gels on both my plates which I am not sure delivered much on flavour. The side dish of veg didn't look that exciting but it tasted OK and was properly cooked (no rock hard veggies here thankfully!). Up to this point a 5 was still in the offing but I then had the banana sponge dessert which was too large and lacking in flavour although the peanut butter ice cream was excellent.

In summary its a lovely restaurant with very good but not exceptional food and well worth visiting.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

What a lovely restaurant and a perfect place to go for a special occasion meal Gorgeous food lovely surrounding and excellent friendly staff.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We visited on Saturday 4 May. The service was excellent, very friendly and helpful. My starter, the Mirabelle salad, was very nice. My main course, the venison, was let down by the celeriac and coconut combination which was just too sweet. The coffee was also very poor.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely lunch from the a la carte menu. The restaurant is charming with many classic idea's, such as proper cotton tablecloths & napkins. The service was wonderful & the food was excellent. The scallops with lobster risotto was cooked to perfection and to die for. The pork, usually a bland meat, from the main course, was a delight and my 28 day fillet of beef was cooked perfectly (wish I could do it that well). My wife's pear dessert tasted of pear, which is unusual for such a delicate flavour, as it is easily overwhelmed by other flavours. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable meal, at a reasonable price. Will be back when next in Harrogate and would not hesitate to recommend to family and friends.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner on a Friday evening after hearing great things about Mirabelle and we certainly weren't disappointed. The menu was imaginative with good use of local produce and everything that we had was delicious. It took quite a while for starters to come but after that the service was very good. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The prices may look a bit high on the website but at no extra cost we were served their own filtered, chilled water (choice of sparkling or still), lovely sun-dried tomato bread, little smoked salmon hor d'oeuvres plus vegetables and potatoes. So the overall bill was reasonable for what we had, certainly given the quality. The wine was a little on the steep side but was also good. There are many restaurants in Harrogate but this is one of the few that manages to offer amazing food and great service in lovely surroundings. We will definitely be returning and recommending it to our friends :-)