We stayed here for two nights mid week in July last year, we were very comfortable and decided to stay here again. On this occasion our room was spotless and I think newly decorated but as we had booked a standard room we were at the back of the hotel, room 136 just above the extractor fans from the kitchen, we expected these to be very noisy but they were not, as they were turned off at night. We did not spend a lot of time in the room so the lack of a view from our window was not a problem.
The food was of a very good standard, we chose to eat later in the evening which sometimes means not being able to have your first choice, but there was always an alternative available. The staff are welcoming and friendly and help to make for a pleasant stay. I did not take my own advice regarding car parking and on arrival found we had not been allocated a space even though we had paid in advance. We have a large vehicle and feel this should be taken into consideration when booking as we ended up in a tight corner with no option but to reverse either in or out, with very little room to manoeuvre. Call to check your parking space has been reserved to avoid confusion on arrival. Overall. a good experience and we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire