We have just returned from a weekend break from this hotel. When we booked it was stated that parking could be booked in advance, we never booked and had to find parking. Yes it can be daunting when you arrive in the dark and not knowing the area. If you have a mobility condition, I would suggest you book parking as it could be a ten minute walk back to the hotel. We were on the first floor and due to being so central there was a high noise level from the traffic, which meant the window had to be kept closed to reduce noise level, no need to have heating on in room, once window was closed the room felt very warm. Beds were very comfortable, and pleanty of hot water for a bath. Reception staff throughout the weekend were pleasant and helpful. Resteraunt had good lighting and was clean, breakfast was self service, good choice and well cooked. Evening meals were well presented and served by cheerful waiters/waitress staff, nothing seemed to be any trouble. Room staff were cheerful and helpful also kept the room clean. We used the spa facilities which were kept to a high standard by expereinced staff.
We have stayed at many Shearings hotels over the years, I have to say this is the best by far.
Maybe this could be a flagship hotel for shearings, and allow other Shearings hotel staff to visit and to learn by example.
Thankyou for a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Orbitz so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire