Arrived at the hotel to be told room wasnt ready so had to spend over an hour sat in reception not a good start .The room was shabby with stains on the carpet and a cracked window .The room overlooked the car park which was ok but i could only open the window a fraction so couldnt really look out .The bathroom was shabby and there was a pool of water on the floor as either the toilet or sink unit was leaking.The mattress was very lumpy and uncomfortable .Breakfast ok as it was self service and there was a wide variety of choices.The evening meals however were not nice very tough meat ,a couple times i sent meals back as i could not eat them .On the whole the place needs refurbishment .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire