We've just had a weekend at the St. George Hotel. The food was good and our rooms were clean. The pianist on Saturday night in the entrance areal was a nice touch.
However, we had been to the St George when it was a Swallow Hotel and we were a little disappointed. The furnishings in the entrance had obviously recently been replaced but the huge orange lights were horrible and did not go with the furnishings. It was a cold weekend and with people in/out it was very cold to sit in the area near the door - nothing to stop any drafts blowing in.
Our room was adequate but was in need of redecorating but the bedding was lovely and clean. The beds were very soft (not good when you have a bad back).
We have been in other Coast and Country Hotels and the St George did not really come up to scratch. The staff were not particularly helpful and the young lady on reception when we arrived appeared to have a problem understanding us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous hotels in Harrogate, the St. George is a magnificent Edwardian property situated in the heart of this historic spa town. Its location, adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre’s Exhibition Halls and the Royal Hall, makes it ideal for both leisure and business travellers. The Royal Baths, with the newly refurbished Turkish baths and a range of elegant restaurants, are situated immediately opposite the hotel. As well as the delights of Harrogate, the hotel makes an ideal base for those wishing to visit Leeds, York or the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. Alternatively, visit the famous Betty’s Tea Rooms, and for those who like to shop, enjoy the exclusive small boutiques and various antique shops situated in the Montpellier quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint George Harrogate
- Hotel Saint George
- St George Hotel Harrogate
- The St George Hotel Harrogate, Yorkshire