Ashley House Hotel
Cairn Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$157
$76
  • Breakfast included
The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$78
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$105
Rudding Park Hotel(Follifoot)
$314
Priceline
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$72
Hotel du Vin and Bistro(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$145
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
$132
$104
Travelocity
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$128
$120
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was working in harrogate recently and failed to book decent accomodation In time ... For 2 rooms and 3 nights this cost us £600 (negotiated down from £750) we were moved from the Ashley to a sister building the azalea court, I found food in my bed, rice and crisps, my colleagues bed didn't have a duvet or sheet, the room was seriously dated unclean and the service seriously unhelpful. This place was well situated in harrogate but at £100 per room per night MASSIVELY overpriced and I would recommend avoiding at all costs, pay less or even more but stay somewhere else ... Whoever they conned in to giving them a 3-star rating ... Well ... Wow

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank MattyB12061989
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had booked the Ruskin hotel but had to move to Ashley House as additional friends decided to come with us to the Great Yorkshire Show and the Ruskin was fully booked, all the arrangements including price were sorted by telephone 2 weeks before arriving.
The lady who welcomed us at reception (i think she is the owner and the person whom i had made the booking with) was rather distracted, the telephone ringing constantly, she was telephoning people, guests coming and going etc, we had to pay our bill BEFORE we were given keys, and she tried to charge us £100 per night, were as on the telephone we were quoted £85 which we expected to pay as it was show week, we had to stand firm and not pay the extra but she was pretty pushy. We asked what time was breakfast, 7.30 - 10.00 and no we could not have anything earlier, we needed to be at the show field for 7am each day, a bowl of cereal would have been nice, or leave out a toaster and we'll made our own toast, these were not an option.
The rooms were very tired, but were clean, however when we pulled back the duvet as it was such a hot day, there was a rip in the sheet, the shower tray was a disgrace, thick black wet mould on the edge and between the tiles in the most used places., there was soap and shampoo in a basket, the only thing going for it was there was plenty of hot water, on the first night (we stayed 3) there were only bat mats to dry ourselves....... very odd, and the 2nd night no towels at all, when we got the towels from the lady, she had them drying in the tumble dryer, i have to say they were dry but NOT clean, one had SKID MARKS on it.........We would have moved out after the first night but we had paid, and knew the chances of finding other rooms show week would have been impossible, so no breakfast, grotty shower, ripped sheet, soiled towels, and expensive...... we will not being staying there again.

Room Tip: don't book there.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rev and Dave K
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here for a night before a friends wedding. I was staying with three other friends and we each had a single room. Upon arrival there was no one at reception but a note instructed me to ring a telephone number for assistance. After a few minutes the owner arrived (along with a HUGE dog - more on this later). After a further 10 minutes and the owner repeatedly asking a young man to give me my key I was presented with a key to room 4.

The hotel appears to be three terraced houses knocked into one, as a result I was told to go to the third set of stairs and my room was in between the first and second floor. I struggled to open the door to my room, partly because of the odd lock and partly because the door handle was falling off the door! Once in my room (a small single) I decided to turn on the TV. The TV was showing only a still advert for some foot powder and I had the audio from ITV2. I followed the instructions provided to get the TV working but to no avail. As I would not be spending a lot of time in the hotel I did not pursue the issue of the TV.

After leaving the hotel and coming back in the evening with the other two guests we decided to compare rooms. To my surprise my room wasn't the smallest, a friend in room 8 had a smaller room (however, his TV did work!). After giving my friends a tour of my room they started to head downstairs back to their rooms. As they left my room they heard the dog barking and rather gingerly continued down the stairs; after getting part way down the dog started to run up the stairs. My friends quickly came back into my room and we shut the door. After some shouting by the owner the dog was tamed, meanwhile we were in my room in stitches laughing at the whole thing.

I got a decent nights sleep although the mattress was very soft (perhaps personal taste). In the morning we all went down to the dining room for breakfast, two of us ordered breakfast before the third guest arrived - there were about three other guests already in the dining room. We were told we were going to have poached eggs rather than fried because they were more healthy! Before our breakfast arrived our third guest arrived and ordered the same thing but with additional fried bread. When our meals eventually arrived (after about half an hour) they were fairly poor, the egg in particular was overdone. We finished our breakfast before the third one arrived and we found the fried bread he asked for with another guest!! The waiter struggled to understand English but eventually we got everything sorted.

The room was reasonably clean apart from what looked like masonry dust by the bedside table but the bathroom could have done with a bit of attention. Mould on the ceiling and the shower tray could have done with a deep clean.

All in all the hotel could do with some much needed attention but with the dog, strange breakfast and random TV it was a good laugh!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here from Good Friday to Easter Sunday. I booked it at quite short notice through Late Rooms. Like other reviewers I was actually due to stay at Aston House but received an email telling me I had been upgraded to Ashley House. I found the place easily, on entering I saw the notice telling me to ring a number for reception, which I did. The lady who appeared was very pleasant and I promptly paid and received my key. The door to my room was easy to open but I couldn't figure out how to lock it. As I left nothing of value in my room whilst not there and there only appeared to be one other couple staying there this didn't matter too much. The decor of the building was very pleasant, including in my room. What appeared to be a double bed was in fact two singles put together but as I was staying there on my own this also didn't matter. The bathroom contained fresh soap, shampoo, shower gel and there was a box of tissues on my table - all things I wasn't sure to expect as you don't always geth them in B&Bs / guest houses. The toilet was clean and there was plenty of loo roll. There were also two clean towels. Only one bedside light worked - I had to find the plug myself and switch it on - the other didn't have a buld. There were also one or two bulbs missing from the wall lights. The telephone had been disconnected - thankfully I had no occasion to use it as I had my mobile with me which also has alarm clock / radio facilities. The television was working fine, though I did have to fiddle with it a bit to find out how. The tea and coffee and biscuits in my room were very welcome. The room could perhaps have done with a lick of paint and the skirting boards re-glossed. It wasn't really a room with a view - outside I could see an old sign for the car park in which were dumped many things including a disgarded lavatory. I had been led to believe there was a bar at the 'hotel' - I did see a sign for this in the open door next to the dining room but there was no other sign of its existence. When I went down to breakfast next morning I was greeted by the same lady who had spoken to me on arrival. She asked me whether I would like tea or coffee and white or brown toast. My tea promptly came but the breakfast took longer though to be fair I was warned about this. When it did arrive it was perfectly edible, though I got beans which I hadn't asked for. There was plenty of fresh fruit juice and cereals - though why so much had been put out for so few guests did rather puzzle me. It was slightly confusing as to why the breakfast took so long to be cooked. I had anappointment at the Turkish Baths at 9am and though I was in time it would have been nice if breakfast could have arrived sooner. I would therefore have had time to visit the loo before I left the hotel and been spared some slight discomfort. When I returned to the hotel in the early evening my bed had been made and the room cleaned. There were fresh towels but the soap etc hadn't been renewed. I had enough left over however to last me another night. There was tea and coffee but no milk and fewer biscuits. I made do with a black cup of tea. At breakfast next day a man served me - he offered me tea and toast which I accepted. I got white toast with the tea - I hadn't been asked whether I wanted white or brown. I wasn't actually offered a cooked breakfast but asked for one and it promptly came - this time there was more bacon and sausage but again beans which I hadn't asked for. I think the place may have fallen on hard times but all in all my stay wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for one night in March 2013 when i was attending a conference in Harrogate (originally i had booked a room in Azalea hotel but was eventually transferred to the Ashley). Everything looked charming until i set my foot in the room. The bed clearly had not been made up, some thrash left on the table, opened and used soap in the bathroom. It was clear that the room had not been cleaned after the departure of the previous guest. Even though i felt repulsed i decided to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt since i was allowed to check in one hour earlier than the appointed time, hoping that the room would be cleaned by the time i came back in the evening. Unfortunately, no such thing had happened and when i returned i found the room in the same condition.Since there was no one at the reception desk my colleague (who was staying in the same hotel) called the owner who first requested to be informed over the phone what is the issue before she decided to come and talk to us in person. Next i was given the key to another room but imagine my surprise when the second room had not been cleaned as well!!! Luckily, in the end the owner managed to successfully locate a room which was in a proper condition and where i could spend the night. The room was acceptable, the bed was comfortable and with clean sheets, the bathroom was pleasant although the shower could use some additional cleaning. In the morning, the coffee that was served for breakfast was so diluted that it looked like tea ( i did not dare taste it!). However, upon request proper coffee was prepared.As mentioned in the previous reviews, the English breakfast took 30 minutes to be cooked and yet half it was cold.
Long story short, i am not planning to return to this hotel since the service offered there was overpriced and extremely disappointing!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business