“Great location for Harrogate shopping and sights.”

Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights. It was our home base for exploring Yorkshire. The staff were great , room comfortable. It was hot when we were there and the room was very warm, a portable fan was provided and was a big help. Room service food was good. Thanks and we will be back :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,337)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

stayed saturday night for a friends wedding, great venue and a great atmosphere, the rooms were very comfortable and were excelent value for money. The staff were friendly and very helpful both at the wedding and for the great breakfast, we were surprised to see some of the staff who served during the wedding were also serving at breakfast especially Sian who even though she must have been very tired was still pleasant and helpful as she had been during the wedding celebrations. Would definately stay at Cedar court again

fao The Manager

Dear Sir Madam

I would like to bring to your attention a major failure of customer service at your Hotel.

Firstly may I say that the staff we dealt with all had a pleasing manner and were very helpful.

Sadly I have to report that Room 407 was a big disappointment, every piece of wallpaper was pealing off the wall at the seams, there was a hole in the wall from the room door handle, there was a hole by the coffee facilities and the loo would not flush without two, three or four depressions of the handle. However what really incensed us was that, having been at a wedding all day, to arrive back to our room after midnight to find it had not been serviced. It was too late to ring down but you can imagine our dismay.

I mentioned this to reception when I checked out, to be informed that rooms on that floor are going through "refurbishment". May I respectfully suggest that an apology before access to the room would not leave your clients with the impression that the hotel is run down. Perhaps even a complimentary bottle of wine, it costs so little to ensure bad reports are not circulated. As to the Maid Service, reception did say sorry and said she would have a word with housekeeping.

At this point I had to remind reception that I still had breakfast to pay for, funnily, as we got outside we reasoned we could have walked out without paying, but, she could have just as easily placated me by saying "I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and as we had forgotten your bill, forget it."

If that had happened I would not be writing this letter and I would probably be praising your establishment instead of the opposite.

Yours faithfully

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Debbie_Dilasser, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Charlesbarber
I understand my colleague Lyndsey Gibbs, Hotel Sales Manager has responded directly to the email you sent to us to the same effect as this review. I trust your comments have been responded to off line.
Kind Regards
Cedar Court Hotel

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Arranged this hotel through tesco club card reward scheme as a special mid summer weekend treat for myself and my husband. we arrived mid afternoon, dumped our bags and went back down to get something to eat from the bar menu. The girl who served us was very friendly and chatted to us how to get to town etc and what was in town, this friendliness continued throughout our stay with the staff going out of their way to help - a lovely treat these days. The bedroom, however, was hot and i did struggle with the heat, i wished i had known about the fans you can borrow from reception earlier. We had meals in the brassiere for 2 nights and were blown away by the quality of the food on the table d;hote menu £20 for 3 courses plus tasters with compliments of the chef to start off the meal - this chef knows what he's doing. Even when there were 2 weddings to cater for the standard did not fall. The breakfasts were again well presented and plentiful, quality was outstanding - obviously the local producers which are sourced by the hotel account a lot for the quality of the food. Even when we checked out - the friendly receptionist asked what we were going to do for the day and I mentioned that we had thought about going to harewood house and it just so happened that the hotel had bought a bundle of tickets and we could buy ours there and save some money - result. We would definitely go back to this hotel.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have stayed in the majority of the Harrogate hotels on business and pleasure, and I have to say that I am not impressed with any of them until I came across the Cedar Court !!! I have never understood why large corporate Hotel Receptionists are so aloof, but not here, the two ladies on reception that I encountered on check in and out where a credit to the Hotel and service industry in general, Tina and Lucy where so welcoming and proffessional, exactly how the first and last impression of a Hotel should be.The room was comfortable, cool and recently refurbished which looked over the front gardens which was more than peaceful. Breakfast was a real treat, a full English well presented and perfectly cooked.

Overall, by far the best hotel in Harrogate (including Rudding Park), with the most friendly staff that I have come across, I will definately be back soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Rooms
Average rooms really, a little tired. The hotel is huge so I don't imagine a complete renovation any time soon which is a shame. The beds weren't the most comfortable and unfortunately, we didn't sleep very well. This was mainly due to the heat, which was odd because it was only about 14deg outside. Our standard room had a decent enough en suite, double bed, and a large TV with all of the usual 'hotel' bits and pieces such as hair dryer, tea and coffee etc. What I liked was that if needed, you were given complimentary products such as toothbrushes, razors etc.

Breakfast
Yum! Very high quality breakfast buffet. From fresh yoghurt to the full English. And the staff were wonderful. They even offered to cook me an egg as they had run out, and this was after the breakfast time slot had finished. The room was set up very grand and really made a good start to our morning.

Staff
All but one were really lovely. The girls on the reception were fab and do a great job

Location
No complaints here! A ten minute walk into town amongst the lovely buildings of harrogate. Our room also looked onto the Stray which was nice.

I would recommend this hotel. Myself and my fiancé went for a short break and really enjoyed it.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate our Anniversary, this is our 2nd stay here as we were very impressed with the Hotel last year and the free car parking to the front and rear Is a very big plus. It's a very beautiful old building and the interior, especially the breakfast rooms are very ornate. We booked an executive room again overlooking the "stray" and this time got one that had been re-decorated (319) and were very impressed with the new decor. We knew with the heat at the moment and no air con in the rooms that it would be very warm so I took a fan which came in very handy, although the hotel itself does have a limited supply. The staff are very friendly and helpful and I would like to give a special mention to Chris, he remembered us from last year and we enjoyed catching up and having a bit of "banter".
The walk into Harrogate takes 10 mins and it's a lovely town to stroll around and have afternoon tea at Betty's. The rail links to York and Leeds are excellent, this year we went to Leeds for the day, only £15.90 return for us both, and had a great day walking around the City and doing some retail therapy.
The breakfast at the hotel is very good with all the usual choice of fruit, yoghurt, bacon eggs etc. We did not eat in the hotel at night but the menu looked very good and people we spoke to said it was all delicious.
We will definitely be going back again .

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the "stray".