“Highly recommended”

Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here with a couple of friends on a KGB deal. 2 nights b&b including dinner on 1 night £149. The hotel is ideally situated with ample parking. It took about 8 minutes to walk into the city centre. Rooms are spacious, nicely decorated and well equipped. The breakfast was probably one of the best we've ever had. The choice was amazing and plentiful. The restuarant food was also excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times and it was a very enjoyable stay. We will definitely look at staying here again and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rayandlyn2016
Richard_Dennell, Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Horans-HopeValley,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Best Western Cedar Court.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the bedrooms to be of a good size and the customer service provided by the team to be of a high standard.

I was also pleased to hear that the location was ideal for your needs, and you enjoyed our Yorkshire breakfast.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed for just one night to facilitate attendance on a course being held at one of the conference rooms in the hotel.

I have stayed at two BW hotels previously with neither being particularly pleasurable experiences so my heart did sink a little when I realised where the course was, but looking at the exterior pics and TA reviews I was a little more optimistic about this one.

All areas except the bedrooms were fine. The staff were great - very friendly and helpful. The room I was in had a useless wi-fi connection but after a quick visit to reception I was given the key to a vacant room where it was better. I used it to work from for a couple of hours which was very useful. I could have changed rooms but it was virtually half size of the one I had initially been given so declined the offer.

My room was a good size and in a quiet area of the hotel which is what I'd asked for being there on business. The disappointing thing about BW hotels is the standard and taste of the decor. The room was sort of pinky/orange with a green carpet. The room looked 'tired' and uninspiring. It was confortable enough but pretty depressing.

There was also no air conditioning which must be a BW thing as the other two I'd stayed at hadn't either so had to keep the windows open which was both less than effective and allowed the traffic noise in. It was a pretty warm night so not having air-con just isn't good enough in this day and age especially for a hotel that professes to be 4 star - no way.

Hopefully this will be the last time I have to use BW. I appreciate there are some good reviews on TA but until they put more effort in to the bedrooms and install air-con they are just not to the standard worthy of repeat visits.

Room Tip: If wi-fi is important make sure the hotel is aware as room location is dependent on performance
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MaldivesJunkie

Dear MaldivesJunkie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Best Western Cedar Court.

Your constructive comments are appreciated and have been discussed with the management team, and we shall use these comments to make improvements where possible.

I am however pleased to hear that the team were friendly, helpful and look after you during your stay at the hotel.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

As a Tour Manager I stay in many hotels through out the year. My Wife and I recently stayed at the Cedar Court for a friends wedding, and had a fantastic experience.
Check in was warm, friendly and stress free.
Our room over looked the front gardens, and was extremely comfortable, clean, spacious and had everything you could need.
Apart from a mini bar, but to be fair room service was very prompt and not expensive.
The venue took place in the front function suite which looked absolutely stunning, and was complimented by fine food and superb service from all the staff serving.
The main bar area had a nice warm comfortable relaxed feel to it, again backed by fantastic service and very reasonably priced drinks.
The following morning we enjoyed a lovely breakfast and were spoilt for choice.
Checking out was just as efficient as when we checked in.
My only regret staying here is that we did not have time to stay longer, or we would have taken up the offer of checking out at 3pm and staying for Sunday lunch, which would have only cost us an extra £30?
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a venue or relaxing break for anyone coming to Harrogate,
A big thank you is in order to all the management and staff who made our stay so special.
Mr & Mrs M Glegg

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael G

Dear Michael G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Best Western Cedar Court.

I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel. You kind comments about your experience are greatly appreciated and shall be feed back to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a well situated hotel on the edge of town,overlooking the stray.The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.Food was nice and well presented.Although very busy when I visited with a couple of wedding parties on ,the staff still coped very well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Richard_Dennell, Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Richy51,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Best Western Cedar Court.

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

we went as a family;5 rooms ,12 people;
booking in was excellent ,especially as we all arrived around the same time. when it was discovered that my husband was footing the whole cost he and I were" upgraded" to a 1st floor room over the front door .Mid afternoon I pulled back the douve to rest awhile.... the sheets had not been changed!this was reported and bedding was changed. The room was very warm,even with windows open;no air conditioning;a fan was provided.
Evening meal was excellent and we were given a dining room to ourselves
Then we come to the absolute misery of our stay. A wedding party of about 30 roudy, over indulged,"hooligans" continued for the rest of the night in the open right under our windows. It quietened around 3am when cars arrived to take them away.we were awakened again at 5,30 when a member of staff awakened a reveller who had spent his night asleep on the bench below our window.We reported our problem to the staff who were sorry but felt they couldn't do anything as these were wedding guests. But obviously they weren't staying in the hotel
We wrote to the manager ,personally,but it was his assistant who repied and hoped we would enjoy our next stay at the hotel. Needless to say our feet will never again cross the threshhold!
In future we may eat at a Cedar Court hotel but we shall sleep at the nearest Premier , where a disturbed night's sleep is given a free stay on the next visit.

Room Tip: we went as a family;5 rooms ,12 people; booking in was excellent ,especially as we all arrived arou...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Richard_Dennell, Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Isobel M,

Thank you for your review of Best Western Cedar Court.

The General Manager of our property manages two sites which is why I received your letter and responded to your complaint.

The response letter sent to yourself, I believe to be appropriate but unfortunately may not be the accommodation refund you would of liked as indicated by your Premier Inn comment.

I am disappointed that despite your comments of an excellent check in experience with a complimentary upgrade, and an excellent evening meal in which we put you in a private dining room to make it more special for your party that this was overshadowed by disruption from guests attending a function.

I am sorry that you choose not to stay at our hotel again.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife & I have just returned from a weekend break and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. The room was comfortable & quiet. The food in both the Brassiere & the Cedar Suite was well above average, especially the breakfast which had everything you could think of on offer. The staff were extremely helpful and a credit to the management who run a cheerful and first class establishment. We will return and certainly recommend the Cedar Court to friends & family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear James D,

Thank you for your taking the time to post a review of Best Western Cedar Court.

The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed all apsects of your stay at the hotel and that you found the customer service provided to be of a high standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my mum and sister, we had two twin rooms on the 2nd floor, facing over the car park which was fine, we'd not requested anything more. It was lovely and quiet. The service was fantastic, warm and genuinely friendly staff. Breakfast was okay, nothing special but not bad.
The only real downside was the rooms we had. They were so dated, orange flock wallpaper, exposed breeze block corridors. They really need an update. However the bathrooms were newly refuted and had good showers.

We got a bargain rate through a friend who works at best western, so weren't complaining at all. Rack rates are like GBP120 ish for a basic room at weekends, I can't imagine that being good value!

Never the less, I would stay again at that sort of rate, and if the rooms are refurbed I wouldnt hesitate to book every time we came to Harrogate

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear knebworthkate,

Thank you for your review of Best Western Cedar Court.

We value all our guests feedback and your comments have been discussed with the team. I was obviously disappointed to read feedback from your stay with particular reference to the breakfast, which we have recently received many positive reviews for.

We are currently half way through a re-decoration programme at the hotel with plans in the near future to do a full refurbishment of all bedrooms including the bathrooms.

I am sorry however you found our hotel not to your liking or expectations.