“Superb Studley”

Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Superb Studley”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

It would be difficult to find anything negative to say about our 1 night stay at this hotel. We had a fabulous exec room with monsoon shower, not quite a monsoon, but good anyway, spacious with a huge TV. The hotel is a very short walk from the town where we found any number of places to eat. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, we thought it was a bit pricey, and the whole hotel had a faint smell of 'Chinese' cooking all the time - not that this was a major problem. The hotel bar is very pleasant and throughout our stay the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: We had room 23, go for whatever grade of this room is
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Manchester
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Warm, clean, comfortable room. Friendly, helpful staff. Gorgeous breakfast. Can't fault anything, felt like a boutique hotel and in the perfect location for all the best Harrogate has to offer on a weekend away. Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at the Studley recently and was so pleasantly surprised at how well I was treated. I just walked in to the front desk with no reservation. They arranged a beautiful room for me, helped me get settled, directed me to the local spa, even ordered me a pizza! I travel a lot and I was so impressed with the service I got from this hotel. It was a real treat! I will stay here again in the future. Excellence should be rewarded!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kelso, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed for 1 night on our way home from visiting friends in Buckinghamshire - As it was a Sunday night we took up the option of the room with £50 voucher to spend in the bar and Orchid restaurant. From the moment of arrival we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who made the check in process very easy and directed us to our room. The room was an executive double - very tastefully decorated with a huge bed and a most fantastic bathroom with a walk in shower and underfloor heating. Car parking on site is a bonus too. We had a drink in the bar before heading to dinner - well what can I say the food was out of this world. I am only glad this restaurant is not on my doorstep or I could be a frequent visitor. The staff were very friendly and the service was second to none. The food was of a 5 start quality. Nice little touch in the restaurant was watching the TV screen and seeing the chefs cooking the food in the kitchen. Definatley stay again if we ever pay another visit to Harrogate. The only minor criticism I would have is the refuse lorry at the rear of the hotel at about 6am on the Monday morning lol

nottm
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here for a Saturday night with my mum. The hotel is lovely, an old building but very comfortable and modern inside. The staff are very friendly and gave excellent service. The twin room (30) was clean and comfortable with everything you need. The hairdryer was rubbish but when I rang reception they brought me a good one immediately. The location is perfect, just a couple of mins walk to the town centre, Betty's tearooms, turkish baths, Valley park/Harlow Carr gardens and Birk Crag woodland. If you like south east asian food you MUST go to the Orchid restaurant, the food is fabulous as is the service. It was full so had a good atmosphere. I would recommend the dessert tasting platter! You also need to book in advance as it's very popular.
The breakfast is also good. There was a bit of noise at night but this is to be expected in a town centre on a saturday night! Overall a fantastic place to spend a weekend and I'll definitely return.

Room Tip: Our bathroom had a very low ceiling so anyone over 6ft make struggle in the shower, perhaps ask if s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bath
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Could not have been better, room (suite) staff, location, and food both breakfast and evening in the Orchid 1st class Have already recommend it to family and friends. I note a couple of negative comments about noise, yes we could hear people leaving the restaurant but it was completely quite by midnight which for a central hotel is acceptable . If you want total peace stay in the countryside and sacrifice the convenience of being able to walk everywhere .

Room Tip: We chose the suite it was excellent
Tideswell, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Beautiful hotel, attention to detail and cleanliness 5 star, Rooms are very tastefully decorated, and the hotel was so peaceful at night, no doors slamming or noisy guests. Staff and service was superb. Would recommend for a romantic weekend, not sure it is sutable family base though