“Why can't all hotels be like this!”

Ascot House Hotel Harrogate
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We have just had a lovely stay at this hotel, and just wish all hotels could be like this. Good service, very friendly, spotlessly clean and good food: I couldn't fault any thing and appreciated the free wifi - I consider other so called 5* hotels instantly become 3* when they do, and nothing irritates me more at such petty charges. I certainly think the bigger hotels should send their staff here to learn how it should be done... Ascot house is like staying at a big hotel without the pretentions.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Sidmouth4me

Reviewed March 26, 2011

Stayed at the Ascot House Hotel for a Wedding and found it to be spotlessly clean, nice and warm and the staff were very friendly. The food was of a very high standard. The Hotel was situated in a pleasant and convenient area and it was very quiet and had its own parking. I would certainly recommend it to all of my friends.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a second time recently. There have been some good quality and tasteful refurbishments and the service remains consistently of a high standard. The breakfast was even better than we remembered - we both had the full Yorkshire breakfast and were really pleased with the quality of the ingredients, cooking, and service. We enjoy the service at this hotel because it is attentive and friendly but unobtrusive, which makes for a relaxing break!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Apologies for being so boring in my review of this Hotel but I concur with all the other reviews. We have just returned from a super 2 night stay at the Ascot and everything was just lovely. Friendly staff, nice room, great food (particularly the breakfast which certainly sets you up for the day) good location....what else can I say ? Look no further if you intend to visit Harrogate....mmmm I can still taste those sausages I had for 'brekky'

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here overnight last month. We were welcomed as soon as we were through the entrance. Indeed, whenever we wanted anything at the front desk or in the bar someone was almost instantly there. We had the front bedroom on the first floor - spacious and comfortable with a pleasant ecclesiastical view. Breakfast was excellent, both the food (a Yorkshire breakfast) and the friendly service.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My husband and i stayed here for two perfect nights. The manager and his polite and efficient staff are wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble, our room was so comfortable and cosy, the food was excellent both in the evening and at breakfast. We will certainly return if we visit the area again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2011

This is our second trip to Ascot House and we were not disappointed. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. We stayed in a lovely room (room 22) it was light and spacious and the bed was lovely and comfortable. As before the food was outstanding. We will be returning in the near future and I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a relaxing stay in harrogate it is only a 5-10 minute waak to the town. Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple