“lovely weekend at this hotel with 17 girlfriends”
Review of Kimberley Hotel

Kimberley Hotel
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed October 1, 2012

just got back last night from two nights at the kimberley hotel. a lovely hotel the rooms are modern clean and spacious. bathrooms beautiful, large flat screen tv comfy beds and black out curtains could of slept all day. staff helpful only down side had to wait for a table on sunday for breakfast but it was worth waiting for cooked breakfast or kippers or omlettes poached eggs etc. easy walk into town centre. we ate at caradom black indian it was the best curry i have ever had,saturday lunch was tapas at dinos for £9 each eight courses of the finest food, then on to revolution for cocktail master class very funny and a great laugh we did plenty of shopping and the quality of the shops are as good as york. a wonderful weekend with great friends in a fantastic hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HawkesHawkesbowland
Write a ReviewReviews (1,773)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My Wife and I had another lovely stay at the Kimberley. Again its fantastic value for money, I really don't know how (or why even) they do it, but I'm glad they do. We did the summer sizzler deal db&b and a bottle of Prosecco. Our room was in the separate new block of the hotel, very large and comfortable with a great bathroom and massive lcd tv. I'd prefer to stay in the main building in future just for a bit more character. Dinner was lovely, great choice off a set menu or discount of the main menu. The only reason i have not given 5 stars this time is the bar/restaurant setup. The restaurant is now a franchise apparently so you can not charge drinks or extras to your room while having dinner??? This was explained to me by staff while I was having dinner. I don't really think the hotels business strategies have got anything to do with me and I definitely don't want to here about them over dinner. We also had to point out that coffees were included in the deal and get them knocked off the bill (which you cant charge to your room). The other little let down was the residents bar. If you want a tipple after hours you get to sit in the breakfast area and get served through a hatch in the wall. No atmosphere what so ever, just a room of confused residents wondering why we could not all go and sit in the nice hotel bar...strange. We gave it a miss. Good breakfast and perfectly located Top tip for drinks in Harrogate, Halesbar and the Fat Badger.
Despite my mark downs will be back!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building for a bit more character.
1  Thank dave1051
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stopped here for 2 nights with a KGB deal and were most impressed with the hotel and staff. Our room was luxurious and the breakfast buffet really good with evening meal excellent. However we were unable to reserve a table util 9pm which was too late for us to eat! We did however walk into town (just a short 10 minute stroll) and found the cattlemans association which we loved, being western fans. The ony real problem we had was with the limited car park spaces (which we had to pay for). People were parking in non designated places which could have resulted in cars being damaged. I would return here again :)

Room Tip: Park early to ensure you have a space and make reservations for dinner as soon as possible.
2  Thank jackie T
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We spent two nights at The Kimberley Hotel returning to Glasgow en route from Stansted.
This is a jewel in Harrogate's crown. The staff were friendly . the accommodation was stylish & comfortable and the hotel overall really lives up to its 4* rating.
Dont miss it out if you are planning a trip to Harrogate, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get in early if your taking a car , there's limited parking space.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I have just returned home from a 3 night stay in this hotel. We were on a room only basis booked via Booking.com and for what we paid we have no complaints. The room was comfortable, the bed was king size and provided a good nights sleep. Tea and coffee making facilities were replenished daily as were clean towels. The Hotel bar was comfortable, drinks were a bit pricey, but probably no more expensive than any other hotel. Magazines and daily newspapers were provided for guests in the lounge area. We chose not to eat at the hotel, but this was no reflection on it's restaurant which appeared popular during our stay. We ate out as there are so many quality restaurants in Harrogate, we were actually spoilt for choice. We dined at the nearby Sukothai Thai Restaurant on one night and the Cattleman's Association on the other night as both have decent reviews on Tripadvisor. We found both very enjoyable.

The Hotel does have a car park (£6.00 per night). Spaces are limited and on the night we arrived there were none available. I was able to park my car a short walk away in Coppice Drive and continued to park my car there throughout our stay.
Harrogate is a fascinating town with a lot of history, as is York where we also visited during our stay.Unfortunately for us, we stayed there during the worst rain storms in 30 years. Thus, the weather did restrict us a little and we would definitely like to return some time in the future when the sun is shining!.

1  Thank Steve7374
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a voucher deal which included breakfast and 3 course meal each. Few minutes walk to town centre.
Room was modern although view not great (1014). Tv signal was bad and we only had bbc1/2 really but weather was bad outside so we made do for one night.
Bathroom had nice fluffy towels and great powerful shower (although sealant needed renewing around bath).
Meal on night was lovely. Good portions and quality food. Wine ordered wasn't nice however we were only charged for glass not bottle when complained. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice. Therefore few small issues but overall good value for money. Would definately return.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Although I did book a "value" room, I was surprised that the 4 star hotel would have a room like ours. The decor was outdated, the bed was uncomfortable, the bathroom was dirty, the shower made a horrid noise. I figured maybe they keep 1 star rooms in the 4 star hotel..
The hotel lacks a car park, I booked the hotel and afterwards realised they have a limited places available which they had none when we arrived so had to find a council car park and pay for the parking.
The staff was friendly enough, although I feel like we weren't welcome in their precious abode, but I have no good reason for thinking that, just a feeling.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple