1,910 results
All reviews executive room car park signatures restaurant signature restaurant budget room town centre per night lovely hotel two nights good size would stay again evening meal room was large first morning comfy bed modern bathroom biscuits
Reviewed May 27, 2012

On a Monday afternoon, we weren't surprised we were the only people taking afternoon tea but it would have been better had there been some company. Service was good but the pot of Earl Grey tea was tastless (Twinings as usual in hotels is disappointing) - it was replaced and with extra teabags was a little better. Sandwiches on offer were cheese, ham or smoked salmon. When I requested beef and horseradish (my favourite) the waitress was doubtful & consulted the chef and came back to say as it was a Groupon offer I couldn't have it!!! So the Groupon information stating there was a huge saving if you bought the offer was incorrect - it is a lesser value tea/restricted choice for Groupon people. I dont think there is a huge difference between the price of a slice of ham and a slice of beef, especially a thin one!! It would have been worth it for them to have given me beef to receive a better review on T.A.

The scones and cream were very nice, but the jam was very solid and cheap. The cakes were two types of VERY disappointing traybake stodgy tiny squares and a tasteless profiterole (Lidl ones are better). The cakes were the worst part of the tea. The hotel had their eye on the £9 we paid in preparing the food.

For what we had, the price we paid was about right, certainly not worth the full advertised price - in fact we could have had better at home and for a treat, we could have gone somewhere better with more atmosphere and nicer cakes.

This is the third time we have had a disappointing Groupon afternoon tea, the offers always show a picture of delicious looking cakes, etc. Others - beware!!

So although

Room tip: For an enjoyable afternoon tea, dont come here unless you pay the full amount (£26??) in which case I would expect much better.
2  Thank Ardamine12
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Staff perfect, food excellent. Location perfect! We love it :)

Room tip: New annex!!!! Brilliant!!!
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Really great hotel good position for town and very comfortable and spacious. The food and service was excellent I could definitely recommend the sorbet. Would love to go back sometime :)

2  Thank Tina L
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Ideal location, Beautiful spacious rooms, spotlessly clean, peaceful and quiet! Lovely breakfast and friendly and helpful staff! Will most definitely be back!

Date of stay: May 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cherrypyes
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I can only recommend this hotel. Upon arriving the reception staff were very helpful and obliging and informed us that there would be a charge for parking, which we enquired about, and we thought was quite reasonable for the feeling of safety that parking at the rear of the hotel gave us. We booked this deal through KGB and it was a great break. All the staff were very helpful and the chef was exceedingly obliging as I have a dairy intolerance and he went out of his way to accommodate my problem, so I can only say a huge thank you to the staff. The room was clean, spacious and the shower was great.

Room tip: We were in room 1202 which was at the front overlooking the road and there was hardly any noise (traffic that is) after about 11 o'clock affording a good nights sleep.
2  Thank Diane M