“Unwelcomed guests”

Harrogate Elite Living
Istanbul, Turkey
“Unwelcomed guests”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I would like to share my family experience of appalling customer relations at Harrogate Elite Living
This property had looked ideal for our needs , a little pricey but we wanted to be comfortable, we were looking forward to our break in Harrogate but the whole holiday was ruined by the extremely negative treatment we received while staying here. My family were verbally abused and practically thrown off the property because there was a misunderstanding about payment . I had made this booking in August for 18, 19 ,20 th October 2013. The confirmation forwarded to me by email didn't state that I was not paying the charge in full ...£405 . This was not explained to us upon arrival , we just received abuse and an arrogant attitude from a woman , whose name i believe to be Beverley ,apparently in charge of welcoming guests!?
While we would have been happy to listen to a polite and respectful explanation of procedure and payment , we felt abused and insulted at her attitude and dismissive manner. She threatened and belittled my family and made us feel like
we were being dishonest
We were forced to leave at 10:30 on the morning of 21st , this woman arrived with the cleaner and pushed her way past us to clean the apartment . We have travelled all over the world and have never experienced this abusive behavior anywhere. It's very upsetting to be treated like a thief when you are supposed to be a guest . I recommend you don a thick skin if you are still considering a stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Serviced, Owner at Harrogate Elite Living, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
This review is factually incorrect, extremely subjective and deeply offensive. In our opinion it is also libellous and we will be taking such legal action as we are advised. We hope trip advisor remove this review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked 2 nights for myself and 3 friends for a girly weekend. The apartment was clean and beautifully decorated. It is very handy for walking into Harrogate and it was so easy not needing taxis. Bev was helpful and arranged for us to have parking permits which are a necessity. I would strongly recommend this apartment and I would book again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was struggling to find any accommodation in Harrogate due to an event at the Harrogate exhibition centre. So decided to try this serviced accomodation. The landlady who also has the B & B over the road took me across to the appartment. I was made to feel welcome and she suggested somewhere for a lone female to eat just up the road (A nice french restaurant called Led2)and also agreed to cook breakfast for me the following morning at the B & B,There was also a small supply of milk and coffee to make a much needed drink. Car Parking was by a parking permit which turned out to be no problem at all. Free wi-fi.It was well presented and clean. I could not have asked for more!
I would not hesitate to go back for business or pleasure, a nice find Thank You

If I had to make one criticism it would be the fact that if I had not previously read the reviews on trip advisor I would not have known how to check into the appartment. I think Beverley just needs to make it clearer when confirming the booking. Otherwise get yourself booked in!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
North London
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We booked this as we wanted the freedom of an appartment at the cost of a hotel room.

Upon arrival, the landlady who also runs a guest house opposite, took us across to the appartment and showed us in. She explained everything and made us feel very welcome.

The location is perfect as it`s a 5 minute walk to Harrogate centre with all the lovely shops and cafes. Parking is easy as we were given parking permits allowing us unlimited parking right outside.

The appartment was well kept with comfortable beds and a nicely appointed kitchen and bathroom. Wifi was free and there is a flat screen TV and a DVD player in the lounge.

We would definitely stay again and would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Elite Living Apartments for 2 nights and booked through Late Rooms as a last minute getaway. On arrival we went to collect the keys from the B&B that partners this property. We were greeted with a locked door and a less than interested 'you don't really need me to show you the apartment' and given directions of where to go. The apartment itself was in a lovely Victorian building but was on a very noisy street and both nights we struggled to sleep. The apartment upstairs was also occupied and the tenant was very noisy throughout the second night again causing a sleepless night. On checking out i mentioned to the person on reception who was very dismissive and said that they can't control other people. The apartment itself was big for a one bedroom but apart from the kitchen was very poorly finished and not that clean. Do not book this apartment if you are looking for a peaceful retreat but at last minute prices it was of an ok standard.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lampit
leeds
Reviewed August 9, 2012

just stayed at the apartment for a night and it was absolutely lovely. The deco was fresh, clean and modern which felt welcoming the moment we walked it. The landlady gave us the choice of the 2 rooms, seen as they were both vacant that day. She let us view both rooms and make our decision, which was very nice of her, as the larger room would usually cost slightly more. It was nice to see the littles things like fresh milk in the fridge on arrival for a cheeky coffee (not usually thought about in apartments). All the usual amenities were available. i will definitely return to the apartment in the near future.

Room Tip: There are a flight of stairs to climb for the smaller room upstairs (which is very nice and modern...