“really tasty food-fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sage Bistro - CLOSED

Sage Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: NEW OWNERSHIP .....This restaurant is small and relaxed. We dont want to rush anyone out so we do not rush service so if you are in a rush please do let us know and we will ensure that you are looked after accordingly. We only take bookings for one seating so please be sure to book to avoid disappointment. We are able to take parties so please do phone to arrange yours. If you have special requirements dietary or otherwise please do let us know when you book - we want your visit to be the best it can be!!!
Harrogate
“really tasty food-fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

We visited Sage based upon the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and we certainly were not disappointed. The place is small and cosy and there is a personal and charming welcome. The service all round was impeccable. The food was the tastiest food we have had in ages, we had the duck and the fish. We will definately visit again!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Briannas

leeds
“fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

The food at the sage bistro is fantastic, my husband and I had the three course early bird menu last night which is great value at less than £15 a head. The cauliflower soup was lovely and the passion fruit cheesecake was beautifully presented and delicious. We arrived very early and were made very welcome by the staff who were helpful and friendly. We would love to eat at the sage bistro every week if we could.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank LeedsPatrick
N. Yorkshire
“Excellent - never fails to deliver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

Still a terrific place to eat and now they are doing an early bird 6-7pm it is affordable more often! Service is impecable, food excellent and Arlene front of house is the perfect host. Go try it today!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Rosey321
“I truly miss biscaya bay....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

The place Sage has taken over was one of my favourite restaurants in harrogate.
I went to sage for the first time last night and was horrified. For a start, no help with coats upon being seated and the staff looked utterly miserable.
Once ordering they served a nice hors d'oeuvre however, my starter (duck terrine) could have only been out of the fridge/freezer for a minute and was positively solid.
The next event completely ruined my night; the waiter proceeded to knock my drink off the table onto my brand new dress and then without even an apology still charge us for the replacement (which took twenty minutes to arrive) and not supply me with even a napkin to mop myself up with without me reminding him twice!
I ordered the lamb for my main, of which I requested it to be as rare as possible. Their rare as possible seems to be incinerated seeing as it arrived with not a drop of juice running out of it and rather darn dry.
We didn't dare risk dessert.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LadyLuco
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

Would highly recommennd this restaurant to all. Staff were very friendly and very welcoming and the food was absolutely gorgeous. My partner had the rabbit and i had the salmon spaghetti. we did also have a dessert and these were both wonderful meals.

• Visited July 2011