“Nidderdale Llamas”
Review of Nidderdale Llamas

Nidderdale Llamas
Ranked #1 of 81 things to do in Harrogate
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique interactive fun activity, based on a family working farm in Nidderdale. Offering Llama Trekking & Llama/alpaca experiences in beautiful countryside. Fantastic fun with amazing friendly animals, a range of options to choose from all including close contact with llamas, alpacas and some other animals.
York, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nidderdale Llamas”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

An excellent way to enjoy trekking in a beatiful part of Yorkshire. Very informative and excellent hosting.Great llamas, good company and a lovely lunch at the end.Would reccomend it to anyone.

Atherstone, England, United Kingdom
“Great way to spend an afternoon!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We adopted Ike (the Drama Llama) for our daughter's 12th birthday and her brother bought her a Farm Experience and what a wonderful experience it was! We travelled from Birmingham on Sunday 12th May and although the weather wasn't nice we had a perfect day. Meeting the llamas was amazing and so very interesting. Suzanne made us really welcome and we felt we had known her for ages and not just met her that afternoon. The farm is set in the most beautiful countryside and walking along the lane with our llamas was brilliant. Back at the farm we handled snakes, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets and a gorgeous chinchilla. The little animals, just like the llamas are relaxed, calm and well-behaved but the whole atmosphere of the farm is calm and relaxing too. It really was one of the most enjoyable and informative afternoons we have spent and we can't wait to book up again for a proper trek with the llamas later in the year.

yorkshire
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Interesting & Fun”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Bought as an unusual xmas pressy for my husband & sister & 4 months of waiting for a day to suit all, we finally arrived for our afternoon trekk. Made to feel welcome as soon as we arrived by Suzanne & Beth , & waited for a couple more 'trekkers ' to arrive. We were then told about the characters of the llamas who were there waiting & then kind of paired with a similar person? Fantastic weather, so fantastic views on a lovely trekk , with all types of terrain for added interest. We had a llama each & the other 2 couples walked a llama together, and was lovely to meet & talk to others as well. Well my llama was teenager' Freddie' _ such character and his 1st trekk with a visiter. I felt sooo privilaged to walk Freddie- kept stroking his neck & talking to him - & yes he did try eating at the wrong times & could be quite strong- but it made my day to have had a fun trekk with him. My sister walked with 'Noodle@ - lovely pure white llama & my husband walked scatty, older 'Ted'. We had the MOST WONDERFUL DAY. THANKS to Suzanne & Beth. One to remember !!!

Rotherham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The perfect Bank Holiday Monday”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband, son(7) and I took part in the farm experience. There was just us three and a lady with two little girls. It was great to be able to pre-book our slot and know that we could get close up and hands on without having to push and shove like you do at zoo's and other animal attractions. Taking the Llamas for a walk in the glorious sunshine was just perfect and so relaxing - I could feel my blood pressure going down. We loved cuddling the small animals such as a snake, guinea pigs etc and giving the pony a brush. Suzanne is so lovely and great with the children. I'd definitely go back. I already miss Noodle and Chester the Llamas!!!

Bingley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great afternoon getting back to nature”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We took part in the Farm Experience, and loved it. We shared the afternoon with a family with young children, who also seemed to have a great time. Suzanne was so welcoming, and really knowledgeable. It's clear too that she loves the animals in her care. Would highly recommend if you're looking for something different and easy-going on a nice afternoon.

Visited April 2013