“Fantastic afternoon with the Llamas!”
Review of Nidderdale Llamas

Nidderdale Llamas
Ranked #1 of 69 things to do in Harrogate
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique interactive fun activity, based on a family working farm in Nidderdale. Offering Llama Trekking & Llama/alpaca experiences in beautiful countryside. Fantastic fun with amazing friendly animals, a range of options to choose from all including close contact with llamas, alpacas and some other animals.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My partner organised a Llama Trek as a surprise birthday present recently. We didn't know what to expect but had a fantastic time. The owner/ staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the Llamas and put us with a couple that they thought would suit us well. My partner was given a cheeky Llama called Jack, they bonded very well! I had Noodle who was very friendly and well behaved, he didn't mind a cuddle either!

It was a great day that I would recommend and will enjoy doing again. Make sure you wear some walking shoes as there are different terrains involved in the walk.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband booked for my birthday and we enjoyed the half day trek. The trip was well organised and informative, with really friendly owners and the scenery was amazing. Bertie, my llama, was very handsome and well behaved and we enjoyed the walk and the wildlife. We stopped for a coffee break half way to warm up and eat some biscuits in a lovely private woodland area. All requirements were catered for, with even a choice of decaf tea or coffee. Lunch was really nice - all from a local supplier, very tasty and lots of it. The facilities back at the base were good with a chance to meet the other llamas and wildlife. I would definitely recommend a trip!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I visit this weekend and we had a fantastic afternoon! The team were really friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about their llama friends.We learnt about the llama's and alpaca's then headed out for a trek round the boundaries of the farm. The scenery is stunning and the trek was great fun with our charming llama Morgan. He had a really great personality and trekking with him and Freddie was really entertaining.

I'd really recommend it to anyone. It's a really fun, unique activity set in beautiful surroundings.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My daughters 12th birthday treat with her friends and what a treat it was! A very warm and friendly welcome even though the girls were very giddy!! The girls had been on the web site before our vist so already knew some of the names and personalities of the Llamas and had chosen the ones they wanted for their trek. Although the Llamas are paired with the most suitable human and you dont get to choose, the girls were over the moon to be paired with their chosen one ( not sure if that was good judgment of the girls or a flooke!!). The information talk at the begining was fun and very interesting and kept the girls attention, well done Suzannne!! We choose the farm experience which is the shortest trek and it was great, no where near as short as I had imagined and great fun especially as Noodle was being rather naughty and Chester was singing to his human!! I have recomened the 1-2hr vist for younger children (mine were pre teen) but teens and older would recomend any of the visits. We will definately be visiting again and will recomend it every one we meet!!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My daughters 10th birthday party at her request having visited earlier in 2012.met with a warm welcome and my daughter instantly wanting to hook up with 'Gus'(fond memories).Gus had just had an operation which had left him
a little tender as us men will understand,so 'Noodle' stepped up to the mark & came up tops.llamas each have their own loveable personalities.chance to pet ferrets,corn snakes,guinea pigs & rabbits add to the experience.party cake looked & tasted great! Food was good basic party food & was plenty for scavenging adults.Suzanne was brilliant.both kids & adults seemed to really enjoy themselves.can't speak highly enough of the whole afternoon.