“Brill for all ages”
Review of Log Heights

Log Heights
More attraction details
Owner description: The ultimate outdoor adventure! Whether you are looking for something exciting to do with friends or family or an outdoor corporate teambuilding day, the experience at Log Heights is a must and will be talked about for years! Regardless of age or fitness level, our ropes course activities are designed to challenge everyone. Swinging from the top of the trees or having fun lower down, there's something for everyone. Come and see for yourself!
Bedale, United Kingdom
“Brill for all ages”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife's granddaughter (5) and I (62) were in a small group of 4 and we thought it was brilliant. My wife had concerns (to put it mildly) about the height of the activities but that wasn't the case for Lilian who had no fears and tackled everything confidently even if she had to stretch once or twice. I am reasonably fit - if not so flexible - but did the lot with the support of the excellent staff and the others in our group.
Big recommendation for all ages and tell grandmas (and grandads) not to worry - it is all safe and very well managed.

LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Well done! 62 is very impressive!!! I think the oldest so far is 74!!! Taking on the activities is all in the mind, if you believe you can do it then you usually can. Just like real life!!! I must admit it is a very interesting dynamic when a small child is looking after the safety of their grandparent (under supervision of course!)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Such a professional setup!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went as a work group to Log Heights and were just delighted by our experience. We didn't bother with the "Team Building" bit as frankly we didn't need that and were just looking for a bit of fun. We certainly had fun!
It is a beautiful location and very well organised with an absolutely superb instructor. Everyone felt challenged but safe. There is sufficient mix between frighteningly high exercises and complex but low to the ground exercises that means that if you don't like heights so much you don't spend the whole time terrified!

LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear that it was such an effective team building event for you, it really does develop key areas of teamwork even without reviews. The activities are only possible if you trust, support, cooperate and communicate effectively. Sounds like you did!!
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Totes amazeballs! I want to go again!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've been wanting to go to Log Heights for a few months, finally managed to make time this weekend. Myself and my partner went without the kids (we are in our early 40s), we've been to Go Ape in the past so were looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint, infact it's actually better! It's a fantastic activity for all ages and it really tested our nerves, especially walking on the high beam and standing on top of the very tall pole (which was moving) ready to take the 'leap of faith'. My heart was racing and I didn't think I was going to be able to jump, after a countdown from the rest of the group on the ground I did it. Amazing. Totally exhilarating, I was buzzing for the whole of the evening yesterday. Highly recommend, if you have kids, are planning a stag or hen party or even thinking of organising a work away day this is the place to go, it's great for getting people to work together (even with total strangers). Left the day on a high. I want to go again and hope to do so soon, next time I will take my teenage kids and see if they are up for the challenge! tee hee

LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks for your comments, we seem to be getting quite a few comments like this at the moment with comparisons to go ape! Even though we are in the trees it is a different type of experience; are activities are more focused on teams and working together as opposed to going around a circuit by yourself!! Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves so much.

James
“Amazing experience, great location, friendly staff”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked this for my husbands 40th birthday as something he could do with our daughter. Although I left it fairly late to book James kindly arranged a slot. He answered emails quickly and went the extra mile to help. The staff were friendly and helpful, my husband and daughter were with a group on a hen party!!! They encouraged my daughter who was abit scared and she was over the moon that she did most of the course. The setting is lovely and has some gorgeous walks. Would highly recommend, friendly, helpful staff, not too pricey, we will be back!

Visited May 2013
LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks the great review! They all get read and we really appreciate your comments!!

James
Lincolnshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Log Heights > Go Ape”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is only my personal opinion however having experienced both log heights and go ape I have to say I much preferred the activities set up by log . It introduces a system where a group (of all ages) work together to complete tasks. It gives everyone the opportunity to participate in the tasks despite not being the one going up the ladder etc. Therefore I found the teamwork system much more fun than the more independent activities offered at go ape. I would recommend log heights to families as well as groups of friends of all ages.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Amy S
LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thanks for your comments. It has been a bit of a recurring theme about the comparisons between the two companies. I think both experiences are great but if you are slightly apprehensive there is no substitute for being with a highly qualified member of staff all the way through your experience! It does mean that our staffing costs are far higher but we believe it gives a much more complete and emotionally safe experience!!