“Totes amazeballs! I want to go again!”
Review of Log Heights

Log Heights
More attraction details
Owner description: The ultimate outdoor adventure! Whether you are looking for something exciting to do with friends or family or an outdoor corporate teambuilding day, the experience at Log Heights is a must and will be talked about for years! Regardless of age or fitness level, our ropes course activities are designed to challenge everyone. Swinging from the top of the trees or having fun lower down, there's something for everyone. Come and see for yourself!
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've been wanting to go to Log Heights for a few months, finally managed to make time this weekend. Myself and my partner went without the kids (we are in our early 40s), we've been to Go Ape in the past so were looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint, infact it's actually better! It's a fantastic activity for all ages and it really tested our nerves, especially walking on the high beam and standing on top of the very tall pole (which was moving) ready to take the 'leap of faith'. My heart was racing and I didn't think I was going to be able to jump, after a countdown from the rest of the group on the ground I did it. Amazing. Totally exhilarating, I was buzzing for the whole of the evening yesterday. Highly recommend, if you have kids, are planning a stag or hen party or even thinking of organising a work away day this is the place to go, it's great for getting people to work together (even with total strangers). Left the day on a high. I want to go again and hope to do so soon, next time I will take my teenage kids and see if they are up for the challenge! tee hee

LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thanks for your comments, we seem to be getting quite a few comments like this at the moment with comparisons to go ape! Even though we are in the trees it is a different type of experience; are activities are more focused on teams and working together as opposed to going around a circuit by yourself!! Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves so much.

James

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked this for my husbands 40th birthday as something he could do with our daughter. Although I left it fairly late to book James kindly arranged a slot. He answered emails quickly and went the extra mile to help. The staff were friendly and helpful, my husband and daughter were with a group on a hen party!!! They encouraged my daughter who was abit scared and she was over the moon that she did most of the course. The setting is lovely and has some gorgeous walks. Would highly recommend, friendly, helpful staff, not too pricey, we will be back!

LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks the great review! They all get read and we really appreciate your comments!!

James

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is only my personal opinion however having experienced both log heights and go ape I have to say I much preferred the activities set up by log . It introduces a system where a group (of all ages) work together to complete tasks. It gives everyone the opportunity to participate in the tasks despite not being the one going up the ladder etc. Therefore I found the teamwork system much more fun than the more independent activities offered at go ape. I would recommend log heights to families as well as groups of friends of all ages.

3  Thank Amy S
LogHeights, Owner at Log Heights, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thanks for your comments. It has been a bit of a recurring theme about the comparisons between the two companies. I think both experiences are great but if you are slightly apprehensive there is no substitute for being with a highly qualified member of staff all the way through your experience! It does mean that our staffing costs are far higher but we believe it gives a much more complete and emotionally safe experience!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I treated my sister to a day out at Log Heights for her birthday and we both had a really great experience. Not having done anything like this before, this was a first hand experience for me, which I would happily do again and again. Not being the bravest of people, the support and trust from the rest of the team and the technician (Collin) is reassuring. Even when joining a complete group of strangers, straight away you get a real sense of teamwork, starting with an icebreaker to get to know each other, and on the Jacobs Ladder, maybe a little too well.

All equipment is provided and secure with a technician there at all times, checking and assisting our rope knotting skills and our safety throughout all of the activities.

The activities held in the beautiful grounds at Ripley Castle, which are partly sheltered, so even a bit of rain didn’t ruin our day.

Upon completion of an activity, provides you with that ‘feel-good feeling’ and sense of accomplishment, making this day out definitely worthwhile, providing plenty of fun and laughs along the way!! It’s suitable for anybody and everybody who is willing to work together and get involved!!

Thanks Log Heights

1  Thank Fay S

Good old Colin!! Thanks for your feedback. To be honest the technicians get almost as much enjoyment working with the group as the participants do! Especially when there are some apprehensive people and they can help them to really challenge themselves to achieve much more than they thought possible!!