“Excellent!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
Knabbs Ash Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #36 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked a room last minute and Sheila was wonderful from start to finish. We were attending a wedding in a village down the road and Sheila even insisted on dropping us off to save us taxi fare! Welcoming service, lovely room, excellent breakfast and great value.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andymac222

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Despite the glowing reviews I wasn't expecting much more than a well presented farmhouse-style B & B similar to many other properties I'd visited. Knabbs Ash is different; it's certainly relaxed and comfortable, but it's the owner's attitude to service and quality - much more akin to a first rate boutique hotel - that make this unassuming property outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JeffMidlands
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I booked Knabbs Ash on the basis of all the praise which has appeared in Tripadvisor reviews - and we were not disappointed. Sheila is a thoughtful and attentive hostess, the room was immaculate and breakfast was first-rate. If you want accommodation in the Harrogate area, look no further.

1  Thank JohnMurison
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Once again we have stayed at the wonderful Knabbs Ash B&B, and Sheila was as attentive as ever. It speaks for itself that we keep returning. Room 2 is our favourite and we were pleasantly surprised that the en-suite had been recently refurbished to a very high standard. The breakfast was again excellent, prepared individually and cooked just as we liked it. I cannot praise Sheila enough for her the welcome she provides, this is a place we will keep coming back to, it is so clean with many personal touches. Keep up the good work Sheila, Steve and Joy x p.s. The free range eggs we took with us, from your hens, were delicious and reminded us of our stay.

Room Tip: Room 2 overlooks fields (and the entertaining chickens) at the back of the house
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Do yourself a favour and stay at this great B&B. A wonderful experience. Highly recommend to anyone visiting beautiful Yorkshire. Sheila was a genuine warm and friendly hostess who made you feel "right at home". The room and breakfast were first rate as well. The local pub "Queens Head" also had a good feed in a lovely small village location. I will be recommending to all of my friends who are travelling to Yorkshire.

1  Thank Chris255325
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We recently stayed at Knabbs Ash for 2 nights while having a short break exploring North Yorkshire. The room was superb, the bed being possibly the comfiest we have ever slept in! The whole place was immaculately clean with lots of extra special little touches which sets it apart from many other B & Bs. The breakfasts were fab and Sheila could not have been more welcoming. We fell in love with the place and will be returning many times I hope. Sheila - you are a perfect host, we can't wait to book our next stay.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Last month I visited the beautiful Harrogate area for the vintage fair that was taking place that weekend. I booked a room at Knabbs Ash for 4 days so that myself and my family could have an explore of the area as my Father's family hails from the area. It was a marvellous trip made all the more special by the wonderful welcome and friendly faces of Sheila and Colin at Knabbs Ash. Upon arrival, a lovely pot of tea and a slice of the most delicious home made cake awaited which went down very well in the lovely little sitting room with a view across the farmland and fields that surrounds this delightful property. The room was lovely and comfortable and spotless but I have to say the real treat on top of all this was the breakfast! All freshly cooked with the most wonderful locally sourced Black pudding (other breakfats are available ;)). It made the perfect start to the day along with the cheery face and conversation of Sheila.
In short, this lovely little guest house has a beautiful location, lovely rooms, charming owners in Sheila and Colin and of course Tess the sheep dog and the finest breakfasts known to this particular chap. I can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: I had room 3, which was a delight! All are quiet and cosy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family