“Good beer house style pub”
Review of The Old Bell

The Old Bell
Ranked #71 of 386 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Came in for a drink before a meal on a Saturday lunchtime. Good range of real ales, friendly service, good seating. Good place to call in if you are in town.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We just called in for a quick drink as it was a rainy afternoon and it looked busy in side, we now know why! lt is a real ale pub with plenty to choose from, my husband enjoyed the ales l tried a raspberry beer which was very nice, it seemed a popular drink for the ladies in there it is a very popular pub for all ages groups from young to old, we did not see any disabled toilets as main loos up a flight of stairs

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Ordered Wild Boar sausages. potatoes and creamy mustard mash - sausages looked like Walls 3 small links not what I expected and no mash potato on plate at all. Whoever heard of sausage and mash without any mash. For eleven quid I expected a decent plateful not this pitiful offering. I emailed them with my complaint and they haven't even bothered getting back to me so I'm posting experience here.
Beer is not bad though.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Busy pub with atmosphere and really good beer selection and always new guest beers to try.food good but if u want a quiet meal eat upstairs in the much calmer atmosphere!!also good to know its dog friendly downstairs.reccomend steak and ale pie if u r hungry!!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

At 7.45 we got one of the last tables where there was room to eat. (there was a party in the upstairs room) Obviously a popular place both for eating and drinking - possible more drinking when we were there. We were warned that there would be a delay with the food but it came in the half hour and was freshly cooked, belly pork and fish pie which didn't leave room for a desert.