“Craking welcome, Top service, Great food.”
Review of Vivido

Vivido
Ranked #43 of 446 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Craking welcome, Top service, Great food.”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were welcomed with open arm and treated like family they made room for our baby pram in the middle of the room.
All the staff were welcoming and helpful and took their time to help us and explain the menu; the service was great and nothing was too much trouble.
The menu was varied and everything looked great; when our food arrived it was very well presented it was piping hot and it tasted great.
I had the fillet stroganoff and it was excellent as were the all dishes of all our party.
I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, I don't visit Harrogate very often these days but when I am there this place is second call, only by tradition, to Betty's.
Thank you for a lovely evening.

Willmott22, Owner at Vivido, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thankyou for your 5 star review. I very much appreciate all your kind comments and i am delighted that you have confirmed all the hard work that my team put into every diner with your compliments about the service. They strive to give every diner that five star experience. We are the best Italian restaurant in Harrogate and this can only be achieved by the hard work of all my team, from the guys in the kitchen, to the bar staff, to the front of house, we are all here to make sure, like our friend here, that you have a wonderful time and the best Italian meal outside, or inside, Italy! It is a shame that Blackpool is a little too far to visit us every week, but i know, after your tea and cakes at Bettys, that we will be welcoming you once again, with open arms, and you will be enjoying one of the best things about Harrogate...Vivodo's! Thanks again for your your 5 star review, come back soon!. The team at Vivido.

“Good food and service”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Visited on a busy Saturday night on our anniversary without booking and were welcomed and seated without delay. Menu was quite extensive catering for a variety of tastes. We had a pasta meal with white wine that was very good. Despite the restaurant getting busier, we were not kept long waiting for our food and the service was very good and not rushed. The waiters regularly checked with us regarding any other requirements and our satisfaction, without being intrusive, whilst clearing away finished dishes.
Would definitely recommend a visit and would go back again .

Willmott22, Owner at Vivido, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thankyou for your review. We are the perfect restaurant for that extra special occasion whether it be a birthday, hen/stag party, family get together or, as in this case, an anniversary. As i have previously mentioned, we hate to disappoint anyone, especially on such a special night, and therefore we urge everyone to book in advance to avoid disappointment. Again due to our size and the fact that we will do everything possible to squeeze people in, we were able to find a seat for you and your good lady even on a busy night. My team of waiters are not only professional, but are one of the best teams in Harrogate. They know exactly how to make sure your every need is catered for, whilst at the same time, not intruding in your evening.It is always a pleasure for me to read " Would definitely recommend a visit and would go back again" as this proves that you have both had a wonderful dining experience with us. Recommendations are the life blood of any restaurant and we all thankyou for this. Feel free to tell all your friends, family members and work colleagues about the wonderful time you have enjoyed with us...:) We all look forward to seeing you again very soon. The team at Vivido.
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, atmosphere and service .... highly recommend Vivido”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My friend and I hadn't booked,.. it was late on a busy Saturday night (1st March) and we had been turned away from a couple of restaurants already as we hadn't a booking.
From the street Vivido has a very warm, welcoming ambience, (with its distinctive orange glow and branding) we decided to go in, neither if us having been before. The welcome was very friendly, the wait 5-10 minutes for a table even though the restaurant was full, it is always amazing how Italian restaurants can accommodate their customers at a drop of a hat, it seemed nothing was an inconvenience. We had a slight mix up with the wine, this was changed without fuss in a very pleasant manner and we were shown our table.
The menu is pretty typical of an Italian, the décor clean and modern without being too stark. We both chose pizza, I have a liking at the moment of calzone, so I asked for the tuna pizza to be served calzone style, this was off menu and not a bother at all. The waiters and proprietor were very attentive and charming, the service was attentive and friendly. the pizza were very good, the base not too dry and had a lovely homemade flavour, the toppings were moist and not over cooked, which was excellent. the wine was nice and we were offered a limoncello to finish which was very refreshing and not too strong which was a wonderful way to finish a great meal with a friend. I would recommend Vivido highly and wish to thank the team for making the night one to remember.

Willmott22, Owner at Vivido, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thankyou for your 5 star review. It was a pleasure to see you and your friend on that night. Due to the size of our restaurant we can usually find a table, but it is always recommended, especially on a Saturday night, to book in advance. We are not only one of Harrogates largest restaurants, but also one of the busiest and we hate to turn anyone away. I am very pleased on this occasion, we were able to seat you and your friend and you were able to have a wonderful evening with us. Thankyou for mentioning how accommodating we are when there may be an innocent error or when you would like something that is not on the menu. We are a family run restaurant and we know how to treat our valued guests, unlike some of the bigger chain restaurants. Wherever possible, we will always work to make sure our customers have what they want, we are here to serve, not to annoy. I am very pleased to read that you both loved your pizzas. My talented team of chefs spend 7 days a week, creating everything from fresh using the best ingredients from around the world. This results in the most authentic Italian and Mediterranean flavours, that will be a reminder, for the lucky ones, of a summer holiday long gone but not forgotten. Thankyou for recommending us to everyone and thankyou again for your 5 star review. Me and my team all look forward to seeing you both again very soon. The team at Vivido.
Harrogate
“Great value and service for lunch with friends.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Visited with around 20 friends as one of a series of monthly lunchtime get-togethers. We chose the Early-Bird lunch at £9.99 which included a free drink!
Service was welcoming and slick, without us feeling rushed. Portions were proper Yorkshire-sized; (the pizza covered a large plate), and the menu choice was sufficient to satisfy everybody.
Keep up the good work!

• Visited February 2014
Willmott22, Owner at Vivido, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thankyou for your review. It was a pleasure to see you and your group. We are one of the few restaurants in Harrogate, that can easily accommodate large groups. Whether, it be Hen parties, stag parties, Business meetings or just a good old family get together, Vivido is your best choice for a great location and exceptional value for money as our friend here has now found out. Our early bird menu, 2 full size courses and a glass of wine for ONLY £9.95 is exceptional value for money..." the pizza covered a large plate" as our friend here said. Our restaurant and our service are all here to make sure your time with us, no matter what the occasion, will always be one of those meals to remember. I do like your comment regarding "proper Yorkshire sized portions"...i may use that in my advertising...:) Thankyou for your comments and we all look forward to seeing you and your group on your next business outing. The team at Vivido.
uk
“Very enjoyable experience”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

First time on this stretch of road in harrogate, which I never knew existed and we just happened to stumbled upon.
There was a whole variety of restaurants to choose from. We just decided we would give this one a try.
Though it was a saturday evening and we hadnt booked they were very accomodating and found us a table immediately.
The service was excellent. Waiter(ress)s attended to us regularly. my mrs had the tomatoe and basil soup starter which was delicious. I had the goats cheese on bruscetta, which was absolutely fantastic. I really enjoyed it.
We were allowed enough time for our starters to settle before our mains came out.
My mrs had lasagne, which she couldnt finish due to the big portion, and I had pasta and chargrilled chicken. Both were delicious.

Though I prefer my restaurants dimly lit, I really liked the bright but soft lighting, and It was busy and vibrant.

A very pleasurable first visit. Thanks vivido for the excellent customer service. Definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank familyof2uk
Willmott22, Owner at Vivido, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thankyou for your review. As a Top Contributor here on Tripadvisor, you obviously know a great restaurant from a bad one and your review definitely puts us into that "GREAT" category. We are very much in the heart of Harrogates restaurant district, but if you don't wander down the right streets then you may not find us. Hopefully, enough people will check on Tripadvisor first, to know where the best restaurant in Harrogate is!..:) Really happy you and your "mrs" loved your food and you found everything to be delicious. My team did their job as well as ever of looking after you, giving you time between courses so you didnt feel in anyway rushed. Our restaurant is unusual in as much as we have gone for a very modern and funky look, rather than the traditional Italian style. I spent many months carefully designing every aspect of the restaurant and i am pleased to read your words that you liked it. Thanks for recommeding us to everyone here and me and my team look forward to seeing you both the next time you are in town...where we might be able to nudge you up to that all important 5 stars?? The team at Vivido.