“Very enjoyable experience”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

First time on this stretch of road in harrogate, which I never knew existed and we just happened to stumbled upon.
There was a whole variety of restaurants to choose from. We just decided we would give this one a try.
Though it was a saturday evening and we hadnt booked they were very accomodating and found us a table immediately.
The service was excellent. Waiter(ress)s attended to us regularly. my mrs had the tomatoe and basil soup starter which was delicious. I had the goats cheese on bruscetta, which was absolutely fantastic. I really enjoyed it.
We were allowed enough time for our starters to settle before our mains came out.
My mrs had lasagne, which she couldnt finish due to the big portion, and I had pasta and chargrilled chicken. Both were delicious.

Though I prefer my restaurants dimly lit, I really liked the bright but soft lighting, and It was busy and vibrant.

A very pleasurable first visit. Thanks vivido for the excellent customer service. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank familyof2uk
Willmott22, Owner at Vivido, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thankyou for your review. As a Top Contributor here on Tripadvisor, you obviously know a great restaurant from a bad one and your review definitely puts us into that "GREAT" category. We are very much in the heart of Harrogates restaurant district, but if you don't wander down the right streets then you may not find us. Hopefully, enough people will check on Tripadvisor first, to know where the best restaurant in Harrogate is!..:) Really happy you and your "mrs" loved your food and you found everything to be delicious. My team did their job as well as ever of looking after you, giving you time between courses so you didnt feel in anyway rushed. Our restaurant is unusual in as much as we have gone for a very modern and funky look, rather than the traditional Italian style. I spent many months carefully designing every aspect of the restaurant and i am pleased to read your words that you liked it. Thanks for recommeding us to everyone here and me and my team look forward to seeing you both the next time you are in town...where we might be able to nudge you up to that all important 5 stars?? The team at Vivido.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,735)

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Our Hotel receptionist recommended this restaurant to us and we were very pleased that we visited. The menu choice was good and the portions were ample. We both had pasta dishes which were lovely. Also a good choice of wines. Staff were all attentive and friendly. We would go again if we are back in Harrogate. (As with a previous reviewer if a service charge hadn't been added to the bill our tip may have been more!)

Willmott22, Owner at Vivido, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thankyou for your 5 star review. As per the reviewer below, another example of a local Hotel recommending us as a great place to enjoy your evening meal. We can shout all day long about how great we are, but the proof of the proverbial pudding is how happy other people/businesses are to recommend us, especially when they have no reason to other than the fact they know what they are saying is 100% true. For a Hotel to recommend anywhere is potentially fraught with dangers. If their guest dosent have the great food and service that they had recommend us for, then this will look bad on the hotel concerned. As you and the reviewer below have found, the recommendation was 100% correct and the two hotels concerned can be very happy to continue their very kind recommendations to their future guests. I am very pleased you loved the food and the portion sizes. We pride ourselves on making sure our valued guests do not leave hungry! No calling into Macdonalds on your way home when you have been to Vivido! Thankyou again for your 5 stars and we all look forward to seeing you again when you are back in town! The team at Vivido.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were recommedned this restaurant by our hotel staff. Thank you... what a recommendation. We hadn't booked. It was a meal for 4 people - midweek. The greeting was great. We were seated quickly. The food was hot, tasted authentic, very tasty and was served very promptly. The wine was good too ! All 4 of us were pleased with our selection - lasagne, two pizza choices and the vegetarian risotto plus a gorgeous creamy creme brulee.

The reason I have given an 'excellent' is because the food was delicious for a reasonable price and the staff were really friendly. What more could you ask for? This was our experience and all four of us felt this way. What a find ! If any of us return to Harrogate we would definitely return for another (delicious) meal. This restaurant should surely be ranked higher than 31 but maybe the other 30 eateries are sensational ???

Willmott22, Owner at Vivido, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thankyou for your 5 star review. It is an absolute pleasure for me to read your words. Many local hotels and bed and breakfasts regularly recommend us to their guests. As locals themselves, they regularly join us for a great night and know how amazing our food and atmosphere is. It is a pleasure to see your 5 star rating for value, atmosphere, service & food. With four different palates to look after your words are proof, that our dishes tick all the boxes for all tastes. Your hotel knew the best location for a meal and now you do also. I hope that you will indeed do the right thing and let any of your friends, who are due to visit our wonderful town, in on your new found gastronomic delight! We would love to see them. As you rightly say, it is amazing we are not in the top ten of restauarants here on Tripadvisor. I do have my own thoughts on this and, without going into details, it is down to the jealousy of our competitors, when they see our restaurant full and theirs empty, that they use their staff and friends to write unfair and unkind reviews about us. This, unfortunately, is the nature of the beast and their is nothing we can do about it apart from continue to serve the people and visitors of Harrogate with the most delicious food in the town. Thanks again for your 5 stars and we look forward to seeing you and your friends again very soon. The team at Vivido.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were unable to get suitable seating for four adults and two children at another busy restaurant so we walked to the Vivido. Plenty of seating at 6pm. Ordered bottle of Prosecco for celebration. Ordered children's fizzy orange. After five minutes asked where the orange was: oversight. Three of us had the fixed price menu £10 (Early Bird), one Kids menu £5. The other adult and child went "Off Piste" as we call it. The starters arrived promptly. Three pâté, white bait and a gamberoni picante. The pâté portion was large and tasted fantastic, the white bait slightly disappointing: uniform heavily battered. I didn't get a chance to try the prawns, but was informed they were good.
By this time one of the children had deposited their fizzy orange over the table and floor, a member of staff was on it immediately with a roll of Kimwipe, and a replacement juice was brought to the table, which calmed the sobbing girl. I ordered Pollo alla cacciatora I ate it all despite the chicken being slightly tough, on my own I would probably have dismissed the plate.
There were no additional vegetables: my wife only ate half hers. The lasagne seemed dry and the pizza dough was more like pastry. The chocolate fudge cake looked dark and inviting, but the sponge was tasteless. The ice cream was very good, my espresso was good. We didn't all want the same wine and as the "menu" came with a glass of wine we were allowed to translate this into a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc at the cost of a large glass of Pinot Grigio. The bill came and I was very shocked that a family of six should have a 10% service charge added to the bill.
Total spend including service charge £143. Best food at the table that I tried was the pâté and ice cream. Service was attentive and helpful. We left at 7.30pm and by that time the restaurant was starting to buzz, good atmosphere.

Willmott22, Owner at Vivido, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thankyou for your review. I think....from your review...that overall you were very happy with your visit, despite your 3 stars. Firstly, i am glad to see you took advantage of our amazing Early Bird deal, where you can eat two full sized courses including wine for only £9.95. You were also able, due to their being 4 of you at the table, to upgrade your 4 glasses of wine to a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc for only a small extra charge. I do not know of any other restaurant that would do this. It seems that about 50% of the food you were very happy with and 50% you were not so happy with. You will appreciate that, as a restaurant, it is very difficult to please every customer 100% of the time. My team of skilled chefs, prepare everything fresh every day, from the best ingredients from around the world. One version of a dish that you have tried and liked somewhere else, may not be the same as a dish my team prepare, purely because we use a different/better quality of ingredients and we season it/flavour it in a different way. I know, from reading every review on this website, that, on the whole, my customers are delighted with the quality and i am sorry that you did not have that same 5 star experience with every dish you ordered. We have a huge selection of dishes on our Early Bird menus or Ala Carte menus and our Specials menu and i am sure, that after another visit, you will indeed find something that you are 100% delighted with and cannot wait to return to try it again, like many of the reviewers you can read below. You arrived relatively early, and as you rightly say, when you get to our busy time, between 7pm and 9pm you are assured of a great atmosphere as the restaurant, being as popular as it is, fills up with both locals and visitors As a local yourself, i very much hope you will give us another try and return to us with your family. As a family restaurant we love nothing more than to look after the whole group. Hope to see you again soon. The team at Vivido.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

do a very reasonable lunch time special liked the bright and airy feel to the restaurant food was lovely not impressed with service charge would have left more if left to out own judgement

Willmott22, Owner at Vivido, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thankyou for your 5 star review. Thankyou for mentioning the great value that is our lunchtime special. Unlike other restaurants in Harrogate, we make sure our lunch time diners can enjoy a great value meal. Either any pizza/pasta for only £6.95 OR 2 Courses and a glass of wine for ONLY £9.95! As our friends here have found there is no where better to enjoy your lunchtime in our beautiful town than taking a well earned break in our divine restaurant. I am very pleased you enjoyed everything about the food and the restaurant. The service charge, that you mention is optional for tables of less than 10 diners. It is indeed your decision whether to leave none, less or, as in your words, more. We do take care to show this on all our menus so it is clearly visible. A menu is shown in the window of the restaurant and the service charge is, again, clearly shown on the menu. Despite this, i really appreciate your 5 stars and very much look forward to your return very soon. The team at Vivido.