“Lovely, central B&B”

Ranked #80 of 101 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely, central B&B”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our second visit, last one two years ago in the spring. This trip was in November to go to exhibitions in Harrogate. Directly opposite the Harrogate International Centre and a short walk from lots of good eateries. We had the Oyster room (a pretty, french-style en-suite attic room, with very comfy super king bed, crisp and cosy bedding). Clare was very welcoming and helpful, and cooked us very tasty breakfasts!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rothwell, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

a very friendly helpful host who left you to your own devices choice of breakfast and flexible times, pleasant clean & comfortable room . across the road from the conference cente and dead in the centre of harrogate , very good

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Surrey
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Mum and I stayed in the Fawn room for 2 nights which was perfect for the two of us. The bathroom is right next door. Clare was very friendly and helpful and breakfast was very nice. The parking was much easier than I thought it might be and you are very well placed for the town centre and for getting in and out of Harrogate. A really nice place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here with my sister overnight have previously stayed in hotel nearby but wanted something smaller.Was greeted by the lovely Clare and was made to feel welcome from the start and asked if we wanted help to get bags out of the car, given key to our room had the fawn room lovely comfy beds,private bathroom next to room the decor is in keeping with the building. Clare recommended a beautiful Italian Sasso's for an evening meal. The breakfast was excellent with a good selection all cooked fresh.really enjoyed our stay. Would definately stay here again. You cant beat attention to detail and that personal touch
Only thing i would say is if satnav takes you too the back don't let it put you off also our room was on the front so a bit of traffic noise and from people returning from night out and talking on corner (but i am a light sleeper.) town centre is 2 mins away which is perfect.

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms here ,fawn room on the front.so if a light sleeper ask for room upstairs or o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank carolyn431
skipton
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night yesterday and how lovely and friendly our host Clare was. Just 5 mins to walk into town and a pub 2 mins walk away(what more could you ask for). We were asked what time we would like breakfast which again is brilliant. Ideally located and lovely inside, we enjoyed it so much I have already booked again for a months time. Honestly can't wait to return and would highly recommend a stay at Townhouse B and B when visiting Harrogate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst attending a conference at the Harrogate conference centre which was literally across the road. I had the White room located at the top of the house - reasonable sized room with sink and shower. The private toilet, although not in the room itself, was just across a hallway, and not a problem. Really clean. Excellent selection at breakfast taken in a lovely room. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our stay at this hotel was very enjoyable. From the greeting received on arrival we felt right at home from the start. The rooms were clean and the decore in keeping with the building. The bathroom was modern and very easy to use.

My Partner and I decided to have a little break away from home just for one night and we could not have picked a better location. I have never been to Harrogate before so wanted to be in the centre. The hotel is in easy walking distance to the pubs, shops and quante tea rooms that make Harrogate a lovely place to visit. The beds are very comfy and there is no shortage of pillows that you sometimes find in more unpersonalised establishments. The breakfast in the morning was superb. I travel a lot with work and stay in very good hotels throughout london and manchester, but I can tell you now, that this breakfast surpassed them all. All in all I feel that my stay in Harrogate was made better for staying at this hotel. Whenever I get chance to go away for a night or two I always try and book little B & B's like this, you can not get the same level of care and attention to detail with large hotels.

I'm just disappointed in myself as I should have booked longer, but trust me I wil be booking again soon.

Chrissie