“Good loft fashioned service and quality with a smile”
Review of Baytree House

Baytree House
Ranked #10 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 5, 2014

If your venturing to Harrogate, you could not do better than stay here. The owners were extremely helpful and the breakfast is fantastic. I go away regularly on business and struggle to sleep, but not here. Fantastic restaurants only a short walk away, oversell a great experience and I will definitely be revisiting Baytree House.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Fantastic location, plus free parking. What makes this so special is the welcome and ambiance of the Baytree. The owners could not do enough to make sure my stay was fabulous. The rooms are well equipped with everything needed and extremely comfortable. The longe and dining room were well appointed and very comfortable and welcoming. The breakfast was fantastic. This was my second stay and I will definitely return. I would thoroughly recommend. The owners are there to help and give excellent advise on the town and options to eat. Well done.

Room Tip: Any double room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We decided to stay at the Baytree House B&B as we had stayed there a few years ago but our son was little at the time and we wanted to take him back to Harrogate, so we decided to stick with what we know and book a night at the Baytree House. We had the luxury family room (as our son it now 7). The kingside sleigh bed was incredibly comfortable, and my son was over the moon with his single bed, it was a "proper" bed (his words) as appose to a fold out or camp bed. In fact he would have quite happily stayed in the Room all day lying on bus bed! The bathroom was very large with a lovely walk in shower, and very clean I have very high standards for clean bathrooms and this certainly made the grade. There were toiletries provided and back in the main room a great selection of teas, coffee and even hot chocolate. Breakfast for me was my favourite part, I am vegetarian and often find staying away frustrating as there is often not a good choice of food. Well at Baytree house I was certainly not disappointed. I fill myself up with the wonderful selection of fresh toast, fruit and homemade preserves, then arrived my perfectly poached eggs with vine tomatoes on a muffin, simply delicious. My husband and son enjoyed tucking into their locally produced sausage. I would certainly recommend this B&B to my family and friend, the owners were delightful and the stay was so welcoming. Great time had by all!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank davoWigan
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I travelled to Harrogate with my boyfriend for a weekend treat. The location of this B&B is great. Parking is easy, they have their own spaces for guests, so there is no need to stress about finding somewhere when you get there and it's close to town so we just left our car. Our room was really nicely decorated, clean and warm. The ensuite was spotless too and there was a good powerful shower with nice little smellies included. We were on the first floor and it was lovely and quiet. Amanda and Simon are lovely hosts. We felt very welcome at Baytree and they were really happy to help with questions about the area and good places to go. Breakfast is DELICIOUS! A nice choice of fruit, cereals, homemade jams and yoghurt were enjoyed while a cooked breakfast was prepared. That even has a good choice, depending on your mood. Would I go again. Absolutely. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sam A
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed here in December - we decided on this guest house based on reviews & we weren't disappointed!
We came to Harrogate to do christmas shopping - lovely town with the normal big shops & a few small unusual ones. Betty's tea shoppe is a must whilst visiting - lovely atmosphere & food even if slightly pricey but still worth it!
Once we found Baytree House ( it was raining hard!) we had a lovely welcome from Amanda who showed us to our room at the top of the house. Four Poster Bed - chaise longue - chairs - tea & coffee making facilities - en suite....... we were spoiled.....Lovely comfy bed - what more could you want!
We walked into town - it wasn't far at all, even in the rain & wind. As it was a Sunday it was quiet but we did find a restaurant that looked popular, Cattlemens, & what a nice place - good food & service.
We walked off our dinner & went back to our lovely warm, cosy room. After such a hectic day we slept well & next morning we were ready for our breakfast.
The breakfast room was lovely - we had a window seat & the radio was playing softly in the back ground - nice touch as sometimes these B&B's can be a bit quiet when there are only a few guests.
There was plenty to choose from - juice, cereals, fruit, yoghurt then the cooked choice. It was lovely, cooked well tasted lush. Simon came to check on things after he had cooked & we had a chat.
Both Amanda & Simon are good friendly hosts who make you feel at home.
If you plan on visiting Harrogate you can't go wrong staying here - close to the town & good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NellieGloucester
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed here with my wife. Whilst the location was good (a decent walk to town in good weather, taxi in bad), I did find the room rather small (especially the bathroom), and not especially well appointed.

The breakfast was good, and the hosts friendly. Ultimately though it was very expensive for what was an average experience. The cost was also not matched by the decor. In luxury B&Bs you would normally find much comfier beds / furnishings, more space, and higher quality (for example not having to stretch the kettle lead to get it on the shelf).

Room Tip: I would avoid the rooms on the top floor for reasons of temperature and space.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed February 1, 2014

then I probably wouldn't stay here again. The B&B was nice enough but our room was small with a very poky shower en-suite. For £90 a night I had hoped for so much more. The breakfast was nice enough and the location was very handy. Although I found the room colder than I would like and the bed not very comfortable. I probably wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple