“Absolutely Beautiful!”

and 1 more site!
Shelbourne House
Ranked #22 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Weekend visit with friends and was absolutely blown away with what a beautiful house this is! I was in a single room that was perfectly cosy with a lovely en-suite and the comfiest bed I've ever slept in. The room was beautifully presented and had modern lighting and tv available.
I managed to see some of the other larger rooms and each was equally as impressive as the last with beautifully selected furniture and fittings in each and kept to a very high standard.
The hosts make are friendly, welcoming and so helpful! Advising on where places were lending an Ipad to place a food order, lighting the large roaring fire whenever it died out and generally helping with anything they could.
The breakfast was fresh and made to order with locally sourced products and very flexible in terms of suiting individual needs, plenty of choice with fresh fruit (such as strawberries and blue berries) on offer as well as a cooked breakfast.
I cannot reccommend this place highly enough and can't wait to find any excuse i can to visit again!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful with full ensuites
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
SueHarrogate, Owner at Shelbourne House, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, first and foremost, this is not only a B&b, we welcome people into our home. Neil spent many years as a design engineer and it reflects on the thought and design that has gone into the bedrooms, also with working away from home he has first hand knowledge with what is needed to make a comfortable stay. We like people to remember not only our quirky guest accommodation, but enjoy a good quality breakfast.

We hope we to see you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Made working away from home a complete pleasure. Knowing I had a very comfortable stylish room to come back to with the ever welcoming Sue and Neil to greet you. And in them morning an absolutely delicious breakfast to set me up for the day. The full English is beautiful with local produce. But I have to recommend the gorgeous scrambled eggs with salmon. Had to be my favourite. So a comfortable, stylish home away from home when working away. However I would not hesitate to stay here if planning a break to the lovely spa town of Harrogate.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Whether it is a business or social stay, we aim to make the trip a memorable one, and our guests will want to return.

Our facebook page gives up-to-date pictures, news and offers. Please follow us on twitter.

Kindest regards

Sue and Neil

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here for the full weekend on a hen party weekend. We hired the whole guest house and it was brilliant! Neil and sue made our weekend complete. The fire was on when we arrived and the living room ready for us to have a relax. We came and went as we pleased and they couldn't have helped anymore than they did. They kept our wine cool in there fridge and allowed us to bring in a take away! I stayed in room 3 with the beautiful en suit with the big slipper bath! What a room! I got chance to look at all the rooms and I would have been happy in any! The whole house was spotlessly clean!!! I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank HMR78

The open fire is special, the only trouble is it is hard to move away, we also have one in the dining room. Our aim is for everyone that stays, remembers Shelbourne House to want to come back. We hope that you will return and have another memorable visit.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Check out our FB page and like for future offers and news. Follow us on twitter.

Sue and Neil

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Had a wonderful weekend stay for a friends hen party. The building was immaculate, freshly decorated. Rooms were extremely comfortable and individually styled with fantastic en-suite bathroom. Breakfast was freshly made to order with localy sourced ingredients and was delicious. I will certainly be returning and recommending this guest house to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank AndrewWalker-Smith

Recommendation is the highest complement one could wish for, thank you. We are always made up when guests return again and again.

Thank you for your kind words, they mean that we may be heading in the right direction!.

Please follow us on twitter and like us on our Facebook page for future news and updates on special offers.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

You honestly can't beat this place. Warm welcome, helpful friendly chat from the hostess, comfortable bed in a room with a view (and tea, importantly) all on the first day. Then an excellent breakfast of fruit, cereal, coffee, fresh juice and a full Yorkshire, or smoked salmon. Complimentary port and Baileys in the guest lounge, with comfy softas and a chess set. All a stone's throw from the centre. Do it!

Room Tip: Higher rooms probably quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tripsel

Again a great title, thank you.

Your review is very kind, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Our Facebook page has all our up-to-date news and like us to receive any offers. Please follow us on twitter.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

What a lovely place. Beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and wonderfully warm and welcoming host. Breakfast was fab with blackpudding to die for! The rooms were immaculate and so clean. We will definately be back

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank CaggyMac

For any guest to return is the highest complement we could ever have. So glad you enjoyed the black pudding, made in good old Yorkshire! most of our produce is locally sourced.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Hopefully we will see you in the future.

Regards

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business and would not hesitate to return. My single room was small but cosy, decorated in a modern style and spotlessly clean. The ensuite was beautiful. There was a great breakfast menu with local suppliers to choose from and it was very well cooked both days. The public areas were very pleasant and welcoming and the outside of the house is very charming.
Location wise it was perfect - right across from the international centre, easy to find and a short stroll to the shops and restaurants. I also received a parking permit free of charge.
The service I received was exceptional, the owners could not have been more helpful and inviting. I truly felt like a welcome guest in their home.
The only slightly negative comment I have about my stay was a cold shower on the first morning. I can only suggest I was the last guest up that morning and no hot water left. Saying that though I was really busy that morning so didn't have a chance to bring it up with the owners so it would be unfair to criticise when they didn't have an opportunity to put it right.
Thanks very much for a lovely stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Aberdonian84

Thank you for taking the time to post us a review. Any comment is important to us and we take them very seriously. A hot shower, comfy bed and a fabulous breakfast is the upmost of importance.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Best wishes