Tripadvisor
Harrogate
Post
Inbox
Search

“If you want to eat average food with lovely decor at a high price it’s for you.”

The Ivy Harrogate Brasserie
Reserve a Table
Sun, 2/16
8:00 PM
Ranked #98 of 444 Restaurants in Harrogate
Description: The Ivy Harrogate is open for breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner and is the perfect setting to dine with friends and family, entertain clients or just simply relax. Guests are welcome to dine in our beautiful terrace garden, should the weather permit.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was extremely average at best. One dish was unpleasant, chips were terrible, gravy was cold, curry was bland. The vegan options are incredibly limited and poor and most of the cocktails are not vegan but are not clearly marked. The mocktails selection was terrible.

Would not recommend or return.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (991)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were looking for a restaurant for our lunch and we were spoiled for choice, but decided on The Ivy since the outside attracted us. The staff were lovely and showed us to a table by the window where they served us in a friendly, polite manner. The meal was delicious and we even decided to have a dessert, even though it was only supposed to be a light lunch. Before we left, we went to look at the garden at the rear of the building. I got the impression that the staff are very proud of this area of their restaurant since it's used for special occasions, for example, wedding receptions.
All in all a lovely restaurant with delightful service. We intend to visit The Ivy again probably when we're in York or Leeds.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been regularly but once again let down by silly errors. Black pudding over cooked and not edible.

Mentioned it to waitress who did nothing! Management very apologetic when told, but should have been easily rectified by staff, just get the basics right.

Lovely little mini birthday cake and sweets was a nice touch for my son.

1  Thank Stuart O
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Met the family for brunch at 11:15, we were shown to our table by the hostess and seat. We waited 25 minutes before anyone else acknowledged us, the restaurant wasn’t overly busy either. This was a shame really as we all enjoyed the food! The waiter did his best to make up for it, but I don’t think we will be back in a hurry!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I read a lot of reviews before we booked, may I say if I had gone with them I probably wouldn't have gone. However we like to make our own decisions and a good one it turned out to be. We booked in for the 28th of December , shown straight to our table by a very friendly member of staff who came back shortly after to take our drinks order which arrived in a few minutes, our order was taken and again came out in reasonable time. The food was hot/tasty/and good value for money. Staff excellent. One fauit for me being in my seventies (early) the mood lighting was a little dark but I managed. Wouldn't hesitate to book again.

Date of visit: December 2019