See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 21, 2016 via mobile

Our review is for a stay in Cedar cottage, which was a one bed cottage with a private hot tub in the garden.

We stayed for a week which enabled us to get around the local area during the day and then enjoy the evening in the cosy cottage or in the hot tub.

The cottage was really clean on arrival. A few spots of damp and flakey paint around windows wasn't an issue for us, especially when the hot tub made the location stand out.

With views overlooking countryside and Brimham Rocks, we enjoyed having a few drinks under the stars in the hot tub. We mostly enjoyed decent weather; a crisp cold -2 degrees evening actually made perfect hot tub conditions, and even with a spot of rain, wind or snow the tub was still perfect.

On past reviews people have stated about their rooms being cold but this was certainly not the case for us; we actually had to turn down radiators on some nights.

The site offers a swimming pool and games room and the couple who run the place were really friendly and helpful.

We'll definitely be back in the future to enjoy another hot tub stay.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2016

We booked this at short notice with some friends, total party of 8, (4 adults and 4 children). The accomodation was nice with the little extras like wine and biscuits ding a nice touch to our arrival. the facilities at the location were very good. Despite it being below freezing outside the pool was still warm, and the hot tub was also open. (Some of the cottages had their own private hot tubs) which was great to use after a day walking at Brimham rocks. The owners David and Judith were great, giving us advise on where to walk, and the kids loved exploring the rocks. We also came across a herd of deer on our way back, which was a highlight of the day.
The wifi is temperamental but to be honest it doesn't matter, enjoy the scenery instead of updating your Facebook status!
Definitely a place we will come back to again and recommend to anyone wanting to enjoy the countryside.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here over for a quite New Year's Eve break and we couldn't think of a better place to spend it!
We stayed in the Maple Cottage and it was everything we could of wished for.
Before going to the cottages I decided to read a few reviews on here (after we had booked). These reviews made me a bit apprehensive as to what I was going to walk in to however it is lovely! Yes some of the paint work isn't at its best but most of this is in the bathroom where, more than likely, the steam from the shower has caused this which is to be expected! Yes the owners control the heating however if you think you're going to be cold you're far from wrong, if anything you will be turning the radiators off and opening the windows!!
Upon arrival we were greeted by a lovely lady who told us where to park our car. She showed us too our cottage and told us everything we needed to know and were even greeted with a bottle of wine and some chocolates!
We had a lovely relaxing break over looking a stunning scenic area whilst sat in the hot tub which was fantastic. We shall definitely be returning as well as recommending to friends and family!

Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steelr92
Reviewed December 15, 2015

My wife and I visited Brimham Rocks Cottages for our minimoon and stayed in the Lilac Cottage. It had a well equipped kitchen, lovely four poster bed and a living/dining area that was more than substantial for two people.

The swimming pool was clean and well sized; we had it to ourselves everyday, perhaps due to the time of year? We spent days/nights in nearby Pateley Bridge and Ripon (Olley's Italian and Moti Raj Indian deserve a mention). The Half Moon Inn in Fellbeck is a lovely pub about two miles away. We visited on the Sunday afternoon/evening and there was a retirement party going on. We were welcomed as though we were old friends and stayed for a brilliant three-course meal later on.

Judith and David (owners of the cottages) were very welcoming and friendly, although I understand that they may be moving on to pastures new very soon. If you like serenity and scenery then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2015

My Self and my partner stayed here for Half tem and found the cottage to be warm and cosy and the Hot tub was a great too. Although I don't have any photos on this review I was a little concerned about our stay having read a number of poor reviews for our specific cottage! Although the place could do with a little tidy up here and there the overall feel wasn't so bad that we would leave early!!!

The kitchen was well kitted out and had everything a couple would need.

The down stairs part was always warm and the tv worked fine, although we didn't use it that much.

The stairs yes are spiral and potentially dangerous for little children, gladly this cottage is aimed at couples and we just took extra care when using them.

Upstairs was great and did everything it required. It isn't 5 star luxury but we didn't pay 5 star prices! I have to admit though I felt a little miffed that in the welcome pack it states that the owners would like you to strip the beds on departure and clean everything up... We would usually wash and tidy up after ourselves anyway but thought it was a bit much to be asked to do everything!

We only saw the owners on check out as we were checked in by a member of staff who was great and told us everything we needed to know for our stay.

The communal facilities with the pool and games room were a real plus! This are also free which I thought was a nice touch.

One of the owners came to check our hot tub daily to check chlorine levels however this was around 1 which I thought was a little odd as its in the middle of the day!

The half moon Inn in Fellbeck was superb and really welcoming, anyone staying at Brimham Rocks or surrounding area should make a point of dining here at least one night.... we went twice!

The location is perfect for a visit to Nidderdale!

My parting line would be don't be put off... but don't expect to be waited on hand and foot!

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple