See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here over for a quite New Year's Eve break and we couldn't think of a better place to spend it!
We stayed in the Maple Cottage and it was everything we could of wished for.
Before going to the cottages I decided to read a few reviews on here (after we had booked). These reviews made me a bit apprehensive as to what I was going to walk in to however it is lovely! Yes some of the paint work isn't at its best but most of this is in the bathroom where, more than likely, the steam from the shower has caused this which is to be expected! Yes the owners control the heating however if you think you're going to be cold you're far from wrong, if anything you will be turning the radiators off and opening the windows!!
Upon arrival we were greeted by a lovely lady who told us where to park our car. She showed us too our cottage and told us everything we needed to know and were even greeted with a bottle of wine and some chocolates!
We had a lovely relaxing break over looking a stunning scenic area whilst sat in the hot tub which was fantastic. We shall definitely be returning as well as recommending to friends and family!

Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steelr92
Reviewed December 15, 2015

My wife and I visited Brimham Rocks Cottages for our minimoon and stayed in the Lilac Cottage. It had a well equipped kitchen, lovely four poster bed and a living/dining area that was more than substantial for two people.

The swimming pool was clean and well sized; we had it to ourselves everyday, perhaps due to the time of year? We spent days/nights in nearby Pateley Bridge and Ripon (Olley's Italian and Moti Raj Indian deserve a mention). The Half Moon Inn in Fellbeck is a lovely pub about two miles away. We visited on the Sunday afternoon/evening and there was a retirement party going on. We were welcomed as though we were old friends and stayed for a brilliant three-course meal later on.

Judith and David (owners of the cottages) were very welcoming and friendly, although I understand that they may be moving on to pastures new very soon. If you like serenity and scenery then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2015

My Self and my partner stayed here for Half tem and found the cottage to be warm and cosy and the Hot tub was a great too. Although I don't have any photos on this review I was a little concerned about our stay having read a number of poor reviews for our specific cottage! Although the place could do with a little tidy up here and there the overall feel wasn't so bad that we would leave early!!!

The kitchen was well kitted out and had everything a couple would need.

The down stairs part was always warm and the tv worked fine, although we didn't use it that much.

The stairs yes are spiral and potentially dangerous for little children, gladly this cottage is aimed at couples and we just took extra care when using them.

Upstairs was great and did everything it required. It isn't 5 star luxury but we didn't pay 5 star prices! I have to admit though I felt a little miffed that in the welcome pack it states that the owners would like you to strip the beds on departure and clean everything up... We would usually wash and tidy up after ourselves anyway but thought it was a bit much to be asked to do everything!

We only saw the owners on check out as we were checked in by a member of staff who was great and told us everything we needed to know for our stay.

The communal facilities with the pool and games room were a real plus! This are also free which I thought was a nice touch.

One of the owners came to check our hot tub daily to check chlorine levels however this was around 1 which I thought was a little odd as its in the middle of the day!

The half moon Inn in Fellbeck was superb and really welcoming, anyone staying at Brimham Rocks or surrounding area should make a point of dining here at least one night.... we went twice!

The location is perfect for a visit to Nidderdale!

My parting line would be don't be put off... but don't expect to be waited on hand and foot!

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kitkatprag
Reviewed November 1, 2015 via mobile

No need to write a lot really - the pictures say it all, which is why we only stayed three nights! After complaining the owners had the cheek to offer £50 when we wrote to Hoseasons again they (the owners refused to comment) but at least Hoeseasons did the right thing and offered a 50% refund.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
6  Thank Brimhamdump
Reviewed October 23, 2015

Booked this cottage at the last minute so probably not what we would have normally gone for but the choice was limited, however we were really pleased with it. The cottage was cosy yet spacious and well kitted out, the wine and chocolates were nice. Went with a dog and two early teens who all loved the nearby rocks, a really beautiful and different place to visit, we walked up to the rocks many times during our stay. The pool was lovely, well maintained and clean, often we had it all to ourselves. The only slight problems were the fridge smelt a bit of off milk, but this did fade once we started using it and the wifi was virtually impossible to connect to. We would definitely return again to stay in chestnut cottage.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family