See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

Was a very nice cottage and the hot tub was great very friendly family run complex. Pool was great too and the surrounding countryside was lovely. We will be returning for the new year with the family.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2015 via mobile

We stayed in Lilac cottage with our 4 month old baby. The owners were welcoming and helpful. The cottage does need updating and could do with a good clean but was comfortable enough as a base to explore. If you want pristine luxury this is not the place for you. However, the private hot tub looked fairly new and was lovely. The swimming pool and games area were also great.
We visited Knaresborough, Harrogate, the rocks and Fountains Abbey. The cottages are in an ideal location to explore and we loved the rural setting. Would recommend and go again.

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed April 21, 2015 via mobile

Stayed in cedar cottage, on arrival we were greeted by two lovely woman who showed us around out cottage explained the hot tub and showed us the pool etc, lovely cottage very slippy stairs as my husband found out thankfully not hurt, hot tub was amazing with beautiful views, yes cottages could do with a lick of paint but was perfect for us, lovely 4 poster bed, I don't agree the owner controls the heating as we turned on and off as we please, wouldn't recommend spending £4 to park and brimham rocks as it took us 20 minutes to walk there from the cottage, lovely cottage and lovely owners, thank you for a lovely stay
Jamie and Samantha Stanton

Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2015

We stayed as part of a large party occupying a number of cottages. Some of our party found a few shortfalls in their upkeep but I didn't - apart from the sofas that is which were well and truly shot so once down, getting back up was a challenge. Oh, and some of the microwaves were so high tech no-one could get them to work. Fortunately ours was your typical easy peasy 'turn the dial' one so others in our party came to use ours.

I did, though, take great exception to being asked to strip the bed and empty the bin at the end of our stay. I've spent half my working life away from home and never, not ever, not even nearly, have I been asked to pitch in with servicing a room I've paid for.

That aside, there's a good sized swimming pool and hot tub. One of our party had a cottage with an outdoor jacuzzi but its use came with the owner's instructions to whisper if it's used on an evening because sound carries and they live above, and there was some disagreement about an automatic outside light coming on. He also stepped past one of our party stood into a cottage doorway where the two girls inside were (fortunately) in their pyjamas. Other reviews mention the owner's attitude a fair bit but I didn't experience it myself.

Would I stay again? Yes, because of its location and facilities. Would I service my own room? Er, no! 4* it isn't.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank RegularTraveller60
Reviewed April 16, 2015

A group of 8 of us recently stayed in Oak Cottage . What a disappointment ! PLease believe the negative comments on this site and don't be tempted to go , even by the lovely pool ( which was great ) and the superb location ( also fantastic ) ! The interior of the cottage was shabby , cramped , dirty and wholly unsuitable for 2 families with small children . The kitchen was ineffective with avery old cooker which took forever to boil up a pan of water and was in fact not practical for a cramped room full of people ( a very small waist high grill and no cover for a very accessible hob ) the kitchen itself was old , chipped , worn out with not enough room to swing a cat in .
The living room bizarrely had a bathroom & loo directly off it - how did that pass heath and safety regs? The bedrooms were cramped , uncomfortable , old with headboards that were just leaning against the back of the bed - we had to stuff pillows between the wall & the head board just to stop them knocking everytime we turned over ! The bath room was equally old and worn out with a trickling shower above the bath. Basically the owner is making a lot of money and doesn't seem prepared to upgrade his cottages ( at least not Oak ) He has prohibitive signs all over the place which frankly makes you think he must be under stress ! This is not anywhere near luxury or even 4 star . I rang hoeseasons to complain - although they deny that they call them luxury and I'm in the process of sending them photos . I can't imagine when this place was last inspected . circa 1990 by the look of it . Also it claimed to have wifi - not true !

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends